Toysoldiers35

Calling all MMO mouse users

yes, yes there is. 

For some people it can be very difficult, but for most it just takes some time and effort.

Updated Build 2017 | 4790K @4.7ghz | EVGA FTW 1080 | 16gb 1866mhz DDR3 Corsair Vengance | ASRock Pro4 | Case: TBD | Acer k272hul | Sennheiser 558 + Marantz  MPM-2000u Condensor Mic

Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Atmos said:

yes, yes there is. 

For some people it can be very difficult, but for most it just takes some time and effort.

Do you have expierence with the process and could possibly explain how long it took to get used to or if it affects lifting the mouse up?

4 minutes ago, Toysoldiers35 said:

Do you have expierence with the process and could possibly explain how long it took to get used to or if it affects lifting the mouse up?

The mouse I used for eve online, eso, and star trek online was the razer naga. As far as that goes it only took me about a week to get used to using the keys, and then a couple days for each games config on it.

As far as lifting it goes, once again at first its a bit weird, but you get used to it fast.

Updated Build 2017 | 4790K @4.7ghz | EVGA FTW 1080 | 16gb 1866mhz DDR3 Corsair Vengance | ASRock Pro4 | Case: TBD | Acer k272hul | Sennheiser 558 + Marantz  MPM-2000u Condensor Mic

6 minutes ago, Atmos said:

The mouse I used for eve online, eso, and star trek online was the razer naga. As far as that goes it only took me about a week to get used to using the keys, and then a couple days for each games config on it.

As far as lifting it goes, once again at first its a bit weird, but you get used to it fast.

Do you find it hard to press the bottom buttons with a fast reaction?

I use the G600 and I've got no problems feeling my way round the buttons.  I set the mouse buttons to be used for big CD skills and for stuff that needs an instant reaction like an interrupt that isn't used every 5 seconds.  Skills that you spam as part of your rotation I move to the keyboard.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

3 minutes ago, Toysoldiers35 said:

Do you find it hard to press the bottom buttons with a fast reaction?

At first kind of, but once again after that week or so I got pretty used to it.

I guess it depends how u set it up but I didn't find swapping to the g600 at all hard, simply rest over "5" and u have 1-9 1 small movement away which is probably faster than doing it on a keyboard.

2 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

I use the G600 and I've got no problems feeling my way round the buttons.  I set the mouse buttons to be used for big CD skills and for stuff that needs an instant reaction like an interrupt that isn't used every 5 seconds.  Skills that you spam as part of your rotation I move to the keyboard.

Do you use all the buttons or just some?

1 minute ago, Toysoldiers35 said:

Do you use all the buttons or just some?

I use the first 6, which is enough for raiding right now :)  Only reason why I got it is cos every other key on the keyboard has been used, including CTRL +1-5, and my mouse has had to use ALT + Numpad combos :P  And I do pretty well in my raiding performance in WoW.  Regularly top 100 hunter in the world.

1 minute ago, Samfisher said:

I use the first 6, which is enough for raiding right now :)  Only reason why I got it is cos every other key on the keyboard has been used, including CTRL +1-5, and my mouse has had to use ALT + Numpad combos :P  And I do pretty well in my raiding performance in WoW.  Regularly top 100 hunter in the world.

Do you feel like your wasting the other buttons?

Do you feel like your wasting the other buttons?

Not really no.  There's no other place I can gain 6 new buttons can I :P  It's either click the skill buttons manually which is a huge no no or get a mouse with extra buttons you can use.  I however switch mice for daily use cos MMO mice are pretty heavy and do not lift well.  So I have a G100s connected as well, and that has been replaced by a G303 since I quit WoW a few months back and only play Overwatch now.

2 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

Not really no.  There's no other place I can gain 6 new buttons can I :P  It's either click the skill buttons manually which is a huge no no or get a mouse with extra buttons you can use.  I however switch mice for daily use cos MMO mice are pretty heavy and do not lift well.  So I have a G100s connected as well, and that has been replaced by a G303 since I quit WoW a few months back and only play Overwatch now.

I play League and wanted more buttons but I'm not sure how the weight will do. I use a high sensitivity but also move the mouse a lot.

I play League and wanted more buttons but I'm not sure how the weight will do. I use a high sensitivity but also move the mouse a lot.

Moving the mouse is fine, lifting it to reorient your mouse on the mousepad becomes a small problem as I have fairly large hands so the mouse feels a bit narrow, plus the weight means you have to grip it harder to lift it which may cause accidental clickage.  Not sure why you need that many buttons for League though.

6 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

Moving the mouse is fine, lifting it to reorient your mouse on the mousepad becomes a small problem as I have fairly large hands so the mouse feels a bit narrow, plus the weight means you have to grip it harder to lift it which may cause accidental clickage.  Not sure why you need that many buttons for League though.

I really don't, but there is no mouse with 4-5 buttons which would be perfect for me. The g502 which I was considering has 3. I want to upgrade from my deathadder 2013. If you know a mouse with 4-5 buttons I'd love to take a look! :)

7 minutes ago, Toysoldiers35 said:

I really don't, but there is no mouse with 4-5 buttons which would be perfect for me. The g502 which I was considering has 3. I want to upgrade from my deathadder 2013. If you know a mouse with 4-5 buttons I'd love to take a look! :)

Probably the Razer Naga Hex? I think that has like 6 buttons.

razer-naga-hex-gallery-10.png

Just now, Samfisher said:

Probably the Razer Naga Hex? I think that has like 6 buttons.

razer-naga-hex-gallery-10.png

From what I've heard it is also rather hard to lift and the buttons are very sensitive. This is kinda where I'm stuck

From what I've heard it is also rather hard to lift and the buttons are very sensitive. This is kinda where I'm stuck

Well since they are designed for MMOs, these mice are rarely lifted much during gameplay so it's something I think that's part of the MMO mouse genre now.