Kimpton

Find me a new game to play - RPG/CO-OP

Posted · Original PosterOP

Having played wow from BC and being a massive Diablo fan, breaking away from Blizzard wasn't easy. Over the last year I have tried supporting WOW but there is just no community, and on top of that, lack of enthusiasm with my irl friends. Diablo 3, while I found to be an enjoyable game, I have pretty much done... everything. Reaching leaderboards every season was fun for the first couple... but now it has become... not fun...

I need a new game, I have tried a few but just can't get into them.

These include:

Dragon age - I think primarily, the polish on the game wasn't there for me - and the single player (while fun) lacked the co-op features to make it "great".

Guild Wars 2 - Massively enjoyed the game at launch, but now lack of community during levelling phase has caused me to quit. I imagine the end game content is what I'm looking for, but the grind and loneliness to get there is too much.

Trove - To be fair, the rpg style was good idea, basically a minecraft mmo with dungeons - was pretty fun, but the refusal from my friends to play in turn made me stop playing.

League of Legends - Played this game for years, but the Moba style is getting old for me! Massive community (while sometimes cancerous) helps a lot. Allowing for lots of guides and people to learn and play with. The only reason I don't play this game a lot is because (although a lot of teamwork) lacks a major end goal (i.e take down x boss for loot).

I think the game I want to be playing has to have HEALERS (gosh, the amount of games nowadays who don't have healers!!). I am a PvE type of player, I want a game that involves teamwork with healers, tanks and damage dealers, that take down bosses for gear etc. I see a lot of wow clones, but they all seem to lack something to make me go "I want to play that" like wow used to. The game I'm looking for doesn't need to be an MMO, but allow for like 5 or so players to fight together.

If any of you have some good game ideas for me to try, I would appreciate it. I have a pretty good PC, so don't worry about game specs etc.

TL;DR - Looking for a game me and my friends can sink some time into, with good co-op involvement, MMO/RPG style.

Thanks all.

Warframe D:

It keeps you hooked for a few months.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

im waiting for this: http://lostarkworld.com/ to drop, looks cool. not sure if it will have healers but i thought i would mention it

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play Paladins & watch anime at 720p...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee! The LAN PC 5.0

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

13 minutes ago, Kimpton said:

Having played wow from BC and being a massive Diablo fan, breaking away from Blizzard wasn't easy. Over the last year I have tried supporting WOW but there is just no community, and on top of that, lack of enthusiasm with my irl friends. Diablo 3, while I found to be an enjoyable game, I have pretty much done... everything. Reaching leaderboards every season was fun for the first couple... but now it has become... not fun...

I need a new game, I have tried a few but just can't get into them.

These include:

Dragon age - I think primarily, the polish on the game wasn't there for me - and the single player (while fun) lacked the co-op features to make it "great".

Guild Wars 2 - Massively enjoyed the game at launch, but now lack of community during levelling phase has caused me to quit. I imagine the end game content is what I'm looking for, but the grind and loneliness to get there is too much.

Trove - To be fair, the rpg style was good idea, basically a minecraft mmo with dungeons - was pretty fun, but the refusal from my friends to play in turn made me stop playing.

League of Legends - Played this game for years, but the Moba style is getting old for me! Massive community (while sometimes cancerous) helps a lot. Allowing for lots of guides and people to learn and play with. The only reason I don't play this game a lot is because (although a lot of teamwork) lacks a major end goal (i.e take down x boss for loot).

I think the game I want to be playing has to have HEALERS (gosh, the amount of games nowadays who don't have healers!!). I am a PvE type of player, I want a game that involves teamwork with healers, tanks and damage dealers, that take down bosses for gear etc. I see a lot of wow clones, but they all seem to lack something to make me go "I want to play that" like wow used to. The game I'm looking for doesn't need to be an MMO, but allow for like 5 or so players to fight together.

If any of you have some good game ideas for me to try, I would appreciate it. I have a pretty good PC, so don't worry about game specs etc.

TL;DR - Looking for a game me and my friends can sink some time into, with good co-op involvement, MMO/RPG style.

Thanks all.

So wait, it has to be Co-op?

Just now, Kimpton said:

Preferably yes - by co-op I just mean more than one player. It could be an MMO if you feel that will appeal to my tastes. :)

Damn. Well, there goes my recommendation.

5 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

im waiting for this: http://lostarkworld.com/ to drop, looks cool. not sure if it will have healers but i thought i would mention it

I have been actively following that for the last year too! Looks like a game I will play, although not enough info has been said.. i.e release dates - all just speculation. 

13 minutes ago, Nineshadow said:

Warframe D:

It keeps you hooked for a few months.

Wow just watched a few videos on it. At first, the art style didn't look appealing to me but it's on my list now to check out later :) 

3 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

Game is called FATE. Gameplay is alot like Diablos, but there´s less story to it.

Yeah that looks cool. Like a cartoonish mix between torchlight 2 and Diablo 2. Added it to the list.

5 minutes ago, Kimpton said:

I have been actively following that for the last year too! Looks like a game I will play, although not enough info has been said.. i.e release dates - all just speculation. 

yah, im super hyped tho :D looks awesome!

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play Paladins & watch anime at 720p...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Starelementpoke said:

The pen and paper one with the die.

i would love to do that, i just have noone to play with :(

Builds:

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

yah, im super hyped tho :D looks awesome!

But yeah, essentially that's the sort of game I was looking for... but there seems to be a lack of MMO-A-RPG games. Seems odd, maybe there are, but they are extremely successful 

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

i would love to do that, i just have noone to play with :(

I´m running 3 campaigns right now, but I´ve got another one planned for new people once summer vacation rolls around. You want in?

1 minute ago, Kimpton said:

But yeah, essentially that's the sort of game I was looking for... but there seems to be a lack of MMO-A-RPG games. Seems odd, maybe there are, but they are extremely successful 

all the good ones are in Korean lol

1 minute ago, Starelementpoke said:

I´m running 3 campaigns right now, but I´ve got another one planned for new people once summer vacation rolls around. You want in?

i would LOOOOVE to, well if i can join in over the net ofc :P i cant afford a plain ticket anywere xD 

Builds:

Spoiler

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

all the good ones are in Korean lol

i would LOOOOVE to, well if i can join in over the net ofc :P i cant afford a plain ticket anywere xD 

It´s going to be hosted a Roll20 with Skype, so yes. I dare say you could.

1 minute ago, Starelementpoke said:

Well I live in the UK, i bet a lot of you guys are either canadian or american - either way, board games aren't my style. This post is intended for PC gaming. Maybe I should have made that clear.