Mirdon

Good Offline RPG in AppStore?

Posted · Original PosterOP

Good Evening, I'm currently looking for a good offline RPG with good graphics that has lots of equipment loots, skills and jobs/roles. I grew tired of playing online RPGs, I hate it when playing a game becomes a chore wherein you have to be on at a certain time to do some dungeons, kill some bosses, wars and whatnot. I'd like to play and enjoy a game whenever I feel like playing and not on predetermined times throughout the day. Also, I hate competition and would prefer to play in my own world where I don't have to fight op characters that spend most of their money/lives on it. Of course the app I'm looking for will come at a cost since that's basically the only thing that'll keep it alive if it doesn't rely on online revenue but if you have a free suggestion, by all means, include it as well.

I would consider Skyrim to be an RPG.  You should try Telltale games, as well as Life is Strange.  They aren't technically RPGs, but they're similar in that you basically choose your own story.  I know the graphics on it are really retro (and potentially revolting as a result), but Undertale is actually a great RPG.  Yes, the fandom is awful...it does the game a massive disservice, AND include lots of other bullsh*t.  However, many gamers on Steam have said that Undertale is one of the best RPGs ever created, and that "if you hate the fandom, you'll love the game."

I'm just some nerdy techie...

Self-proclaimed Acer Predator | Logitech Fanboy | Dell Hater | #MacsAreGoodComputersToo

Main PC: Acer Aspire E5-575G-527J Laptop (i5-7200u, GTX 950M, 16GB DDR4-2133, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 SATA, 15.6" 1080p display, Windows 10)

Shared Custom Gaming PC: Red Queen (i7-6700k, GTX 1070, ASUS Z170 DELUXE, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3200, a bunch of Samsung SSDs, LG 27" 1080p display, Cooler Master MasterCase 5, Corsair CX750M PSU, Windows 10)

iMac Mid-2010 (i7-870 + ATi Radeon HD 5750 1024 MB, 16GB DDR3, 1TB OWC SSD, 1440p display, Magic Mouse 1 + Magic Keyboard 1)

iMac 5K Late-2014 (i7-4790k + AMD R9-M295X, 32GB DDR3, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO mSATA, 5120 x 2880 display, Magic Mouse 1 + Magic Keyboard 1)

Posted · Original PosterOP
4 hours ago, techstorm970 said:

I would consider Skyrim to be an RPG.  You should try Telltale games, as well as Life is Strange.  They aren't technically RPGs, but they're similar in that you basically choose your own story.  I know the graphics on it are really retro (and potentially revolting as a result), but Undertale is actually a great RPG.  Yes, the fandom is awful...it does the game a massive disservice, AND include lots of other bullsh*t.  However, many gamers on Steam have said that Undertale is one of the best RPGs ever created, and that "if you hate the fandom, you'll love the game."

Unfortunately I'm looking for a mobile game since I'm done with desktop RPGs for the meantime after playing Dark Souls 3. Their equipment system sucked so much I deleted it immediately after realizing it wouldn't get any better. I think I was on like the 6-7th map already and not a single equipment loot was better than my starting items except for the weapon and upon further research (which I really hate since I don't want to spoil myself) it seems like there's only 1 equipment set better than my starting set throughout the entire game.

Nevertheless, thanks for the suggestions and I'll try them out after my head cools off from Dark Souls 3.

3 hours ago, Technicolors said:

Pixel Dungeon and Evoland looks awesome, I like the latter's concept of evolving the graphics as well. As for Fire embles heroes, I saw the word energy then immediately closed the webpage. Thanks!

If you don't mind the graphic too much, you can take a look at Inotia 4. Offline RPG that is really old but really (in a way) nice to play.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.com2us.inotia4.normal.freefull.google.global.android.common&hl=en

Spoiler

[CPU] i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz with NZXT Kraken X61 [MOBO] Asus Z97-AR [Memory] HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3-1600 [Storage] Samsung 840 EVO 500GB & WD 1TB Black & Hitachi 1TB [GPU] Gigabyte GTX 1080 8GB Xtreme Gaming [Case] Corsair Air 540 [PSU] Cooler Master V1000 [Case Fan] Corsair SP140 LED Fan x 3 & SP120 LED Fan x 3 [Display] Main: Philips 31.5" FULL HD IPS | Side: Philips 28" 4K UHD [Keyboard] Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Edition [Mouse] Razer Ouroboros [Mouse Pad] Razer Firefly [Sound] BOSE Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System

On 24/03/2017 at 5:38 PM, Technicolors said:

is FE:Heroes offline? The last time I played it it was online only.