Atreyix

ESO or Wow

6 hours ago, Atreyix said:

Hey all...

I need some opinions as I cannot decide what to do... I've been a huge elder scrolls fan since oblivion. Was so excited that they made a MMORPG of the series, ESO. I pre-ordered the imperial edition from launch.. Played beta before that.. Feel like i'm very committed to the game. After the last 3 years of the game being out.. I just feel that the game is far from what it should be. For example they've changed the base of the game twice already, first being as they removed "veteran levels" and implemented the CP system which should of been there since the beginning, and the second being One Tamriel, making anyone can go anywhere at any level(Which I understand a lot of other MMOs have diverted to, which is all good). Endgame for me is fun, doing veteran trials are fun. But after like a 1-2 months of doing the same trials over and over.. Feels boring. And Cyrodiil PvP is a joke, between the lag and all the zergs I just don't like it, even from when the game first came out.

They just released the new "chapter" Morrowind and it feels super not complete, between their battlegrounds being 90% bugged at launch of live patch, to Morrowind feeling just uncomplete, with so many closed of ruins, and just feeling empty. Orsinium(One of the DLC's which was included in my Sub) Felt so much more complete, has more quests, and felt more complete overall. But this new "chapter" which I had to pay another $40.. has be wondering If I wanna be apart of this game still...

Being that said, I've been thinking on picking up WoW once again, I played way back during TBC and WOTLK, and quit when cataclysm came out. Heard ALOT of good things with legion. Back when I played TBC and WOTLK the game felt so much more complete and premium vs ESO.

I'm stuck here feeling committed to ESO based on all the time I've spent on there and being there since before the game "officially" came out and having the elder scrolls being my favorite series...

Sorry if this felt like a vent, Just stuck debating on which MMO to go for. Any Opinions and support for one game or the other would be great.

Which one should I go with?

If you like Final Fantasy Games give the trial For Final Fantasy 14 a try, It's a pretty good MMO as well.  I couldn't get into ESO and stopped playing wow after wotlk, haven't heard good things about it, but from what I hear they are making good steps in the latest exp.

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hey all...

I need some opinions as I cannot decide what to do... I've been a huge elder scrolls fan since oblivion. Was so excited that they made a MMORPG of the series, ESO. I pre-ordered the imperial edition from launch.. Played beta before that.. Feel like i'm very committed to the game. After the last 3 years of the game being out.. I just feel that the game is far from what it should be. For example they've changed the base of the game twice already, first being as they removed "veteran levels" and implemented the CP system which should of been there since the beginning, and the second being One Tamriel, making anyone can go anywhere at any level(Which I understand a lot of other MMOs have diverted to, which is all good). Endgame for me is fun, doing veteran trials are fun. But after like a 1-2 months of doing the same trials over and over.. Feels boring. And Cyrodiil PvP is a joke, between the lag and all the zergs I just don't like it, even from when the game first came out.

They just released the new "chapter" Morrowind and it feels super not complete, between their battlegrounds being 90% bugged at launch of live patch, to Morrowind feeling just uncomplete, with so many closed of ruins, and just feeling empty. Orsinium(One of the DLC's which was included in my Sub) Felt so much more complete, has more quests, and felt more complete overall. But this new "chapter" which I had to pay another $40.. has be wondering If I wanna be apart of this game still...

Being that said, I've been thinking on picking up WoW once again, I played way back during TBC and WOTLK, and quit when cataclysm came out. Heard ALOT of good things with legion. Back when I played TBC and WOTLK the game felt so much more complete and premium vs ESO.

I'm stuck here feeling committed to ESO based on all the time I've spent on there and being there since before the game "officially" came out and having the elder scrolls being my favorite series...

Sorry if this felt like a vent, Just stuck debating on which MMO to go for. Any Opinions and support for one game or the other would be great.

Current System: i7 6700k (OC'd 4.8ghz), GTX 1080 Ti, Z170 Gigabyte Gaming 6, 16GB 3000mhz Ram, Corsair Air 540, 500gb 960 EVO, 750w HXi PSU, 5x ML140 fans, 1440p 144hz Gsync Monitor.

Just now, Jorgen297 said:

Vanilla WoW, Elysium Project :)

Hehe, When I played TBC and WOTLK I played private servers... Looking to stay retail as the servers I played before got shut down :(

Current System: i7 6700k (OC'd 4.8ghz), GTX 1080 Ti, Z170 Gigabyte Gaming 6, 16GB 3000mhz Ram, Corsair Air 540, 500gb 960 EVO, 750w HXi PSU, 5x ML140 fans, 1440p 144hz Gsync Monitor.

Posted · Best Answer
6 hours ago, Atreyix said:

Hey all...

If you like Final Fantasy Games give the trial For Final Fantasy 14 a try, It's a pretty good MMO as well.  I couldn't get into ESO and stopped playing wow after wotlk, haven't heard good things about it, but from what I hear they are making good steps in the latest exp.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

Having played both, here's the rundown:

If you're an Elder Scrolls fan, stay away from ESO unless you're prepared to face the toxic part of the community (getting ganked on a fresh character with basically nothing on you ain't fun, specially when it happens 30-40 times in a row. Thanks, random Imperial ._.). Story-wise it's pretty meh and it doesn't have the epicness of the single-player games.

WoW has become a second job if you intend to do anything more than pay for your subscription and play casually. Raid requirements are retarded these days (at least the standards set by raid leaders. Mechanics are common sense). If you want to take advantage of the gold-for-gametime tokens, you're in for more grinding and farming than actual playtime. PvP is full of tryhards, russians (EU-side, at least) and hackers (which happen to be russian, EU side at least). The economy went down the shitter years ago and things are either stupid cheap or retarded expensive.

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

On 6/5/2017 at 11:10 AM, Ryoku said:

If you like Final Fantasy Games give the trial For Final Fantasy 14 a try, It's a pretty good MMO as well.

+1 to this, as it is my life at the moment. I can't really compare it to the others, except perhaps old WoW where I dabbled a bit with the free trial. At low levels, they're much of a muchness. First time leveling up you will be learning the game at same time, and it does help to have someone to give you tips beyond the in game help stuff. They made the trial unlimited time, level capped, so no rush to find if you like it, or want to try the different classes.

Note a major expansion is going to hit in about 2 weeks, which wont significantly affect low level play. If you know others who play the game and want to join them at higher level stuff, they are apparently going to offer a (paid for) level boost service. Not cheap, but it will give you enough stuff to get started on with the new zones. It would be better to go through the main story to get a feel for the world and its NPCs, but without some serious grind you wont be doing higher level stuff for quite some time.

Main rig: Asus Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700k stock, Noctua D14, G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 2x8GB, Asus 1080 Ti Strix OC, Corsair HX750i, In Win 303 NVIDIA, Samsung SM951 512GB, Optane 900p 280GB, Crucial MX200 1TB, Sandisk 960GB, WD Blue 1TB, Acer Predator XB241YU

Coffee tasting: Asrock Z370 Pro4, i7-8086k @ 5.2 GHz, Noctua D15, G.Skill TridentZ 3000C14 @ 3866C17 2x8GB, 1060 3GB, ancient OCZ PSU, Corsair 600C, Crucial BX300 120GB

Ryzen rig: Asus Prime X370-Pro, R7 1700, stock cooler, Crucial Ballistix 2666 2x4GB, Vega 56, Corsair CX550M, CoolerMaster MasterBox, Kingston 240GB, Acer RT280K

VR rig: Asus Z170I Pro Gaming, i7-6700k stock, Silverstone TD03-E, Kingston Hyper-X 2666 2x8GB, Zotac 1070 FE, Corsair CX450M, NZXT Manta, Samsung PM951 256GB, HTC Vive

Gaming laptop: Asus FX503VD, i5-7300HQ, 2x8GB DDR4, GTX 1050, Sandisk 256GB SSD

Total CPU heating: i7-7800X, 2x i7-6700k, i7-6700HQ, i5-6600k, i5-5675C, i5-4570S, i3-8350k, i3-6100, i3-4360, 2x i3-4150T, E5-2683v3, 2x E5-2650, R7 1700, 1600

1 hour ago, porina said:

+1 to this, as it is my life at the moment. I can't really compare it to the others, except perhaps old WoW where I dabbled a bit with the free trial. At low levels, they're much of a muchness. First time leveling up you will be learning the game at same time, and it does help to have someone to give you tips beyond the in game help stuff. They made the trial unlimited time, level capped, so no rush to find if you like it, or want to try the different classes.

Note a major expansion is going to hit in about 2 weeks, which wont significantly affect low level play. If you know others who play the game and want to join them at higher level stuff, they are apparently going to offer a (paid for) level boost service. Not cheap, but it will give you enough stuff to get started on with the new zones. It would be better to go through the main story to get a feel for the world and its NPCs, but without some serious grind you wont be doing higher level stuff for quite some time.

Yea I just restarted playing after about a 6 month break, powered through the new content over 2 days and am mostly caught up now looking forward to the new expansion.  It's by far the best mmo I've played since WoW Wotlk.  It got a very polished feel to it which it damn well better for being a subscription based mmo.

The other good thing about it is it Cross Play bewteen PS4 and PC you can even plug a keyboard and mouse into the PS4 and play it like any other mmo on PC.  Quite a few of the people I play with in my Free Company (Guild/Clan) play like this.  It's got quite the friendly community though there are plenty of Try hard elitists but if you stay out of the Hard mode content you won't run into them much.

As for the Paid level boost I'm surprised they didn't add something like that sooner, there's A LOT of story you have to go through to get to the end game content and you have to do it before you can start the Raids/Trials, so its nice that they've added a way to skip that for the people that choose to.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

42 minutes ago, Ryoku said:

It's got quite the friendly community though there are plenty of Try hard elitists but if you stay out of the Hard mode content you won't run into them much.

I wouldn't consider myself a hardcore (combat) player, but I'm still relatively new playing for just over half a year. I find Normal and Hard level stuff to be generally no problem with random parties. I've not done much Extreme, and haven't looked at Savage level stuff at all. Extreme/Savage stuff is optional and not required for main story. Haven't come across any elitism so far.

Main rig: Asus Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700k stock, Noctua D14, G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 2x8GB, Asus 1080 Ti Strix OC, Corsair HX750i, In Win 303 NVIDIA, Samsung SM951 512GB, Optane 900p 280GB, Crucial MX200 1TB, Sandisk 960GB, WD Blue 1TB, Acer Predator XB241YU

Coffee tasting: Asrock Z370 Pro4, i7-8086k @ 5.2 GHz, Noctua D15, G.Skill TridentZ 3000C14 @ 3866C17 2x8GB, 1060 3GB, ancient OCZ PSU, Corsair 600C, Crucial BX300 120GB

Ryzen rig: Asus Prime X370-Pro, R7 1700, stock cooler, Crucial Ballistix 2666 2x4GB, Vega 56, Corsair CX550M, CoolerMaster MasterBox, Kingston 240GB, Acer RT280K

VR rig: Asus Z170I Pro Gaming, i7-6700k stock, Silverstone TD03-E, Kingston Hyper-X 2666 2x8GB, Zotac 1070 FE, Corsair CX450M, NZXT Manta, Samsung PM951 256GB, HTC Vive

Gaming laptop: Asus FX503VD, i5-7300HQ, 2x8GB DDR4, GTX 1050, Sandisk 256GB SSD

Total CPU heating: i7-7800X, 2x i7-6700k, i7-6700HQ, i5-6600k, i5-5675C, i5-4570S, i3-8350k, i3-6100, i3-4360, 2x i3-4150T, E5-2683v3, 2x E5-2650, R7 1700, 1600

1 hour ago, porina said:

I wouldn't consider myself a hardcore (combat) player, but I'm still relatively new playing for just over half a year. I find Normal and Hard level stuff to be generally no problem with random parties. I've not done much Extreme, and haven't looked at Savage level stuff at all. Extreme/Savage stuff is optional and not required for main story. Haven't come across any elitism so far.

Yea the Extreme and Savage stuff is where you find the elitests.  That's what I meant by Hardmode stuff, even then you can usually find group with out the elitest assholes but if your going to run into them thats where it'll be =P

On 6/5/2017 at 3:10 AM, Ryoku said:

+1 for FFXIV.

I like how FFXIV emphasizes cooperation and that its endgame is mostly focused on that and solo content (granted the solo content can be a slog, but that's standard fare). This is a breath of fresh air after coming out of MMOs that seemed to focus on PvP as the endgame.

But otherwise, it is a game you can solo from start to finish, if you'd like.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, I may try out FFXIV. 

Going to take a break from ESO while they figure out what they're doing.