Cars that you absolutely hate

5 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Air cooled 911?

Not fond of the 911 to begin with.

Super Space Invader

Coming from the outer space.

Pyo.

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:40 AM, AlexTheGreatish said:

Jeep Cherokee SRT - its an SUV, it will never go fast.  Instead it is just an SUV for people that drive horribly and cut you off.

I used to wonder why people bought them, but there are a few good use cases. A friend of mine owns one, and it's a hilarious riot to drive-- imagine four wheel drifting with glorious V8 noises in fresh powder. He bought it because he wanted something as close to his old C63 AMG as he could find, that could also tow his racecar. He had a diesel Cherokee and a 4runner before the SRT and was just bored with them.

If you only have space for one vehicle, and want to use it to go biking, tow racecars with, go skiing in, and commute to work....and you want something that makes V8 noises and accelerates nowNowNOW, it's hard to think of a better all-rounder. It's not fast, but it is quick. I'd totally rock one since it avoids the turbo reliability headaches of the Cayenne and X5Ms of the world, and sounds amazing with exhaust mods. Fuel economy sucks, but gas is cheap and smiles per mile is what it's all about anyway.

Regarding the crossover hate-- they are a godsend when you're trying to fit a kid into a center-mounted carseat and you have a bad back. That extra few inches of ride height is a (literal) backsaver. Not everyone needs or wants a Suburban or a Van, and station wagons are annoyingly rare (and, when they exist, are usually slooooooooooow). I miss my old Subaru Legacy but...goddamn that car couldn't get out of its own way if it tried.

Personally, I dislike the new M3/M4 (as an older M3 owner) principally because of the god awful sound it makes. Same goes for any of the non-Turbo/GTx Porsches. They just sound awful now, and it's a damn shame. Also the stance and showcar scenes. Why put awesome racecar parts on a car whose only purpose in life is to trend on instagram? Does not compute.

Oh, and the M2. I learned how to heel-toe and am good at it. Whose stupid idea was it to require you to disable all stability control systems to rev match by yourself? Not just talking out of my ass on that one, I bought the SS instead of the M2 because of that feature. If I'm buying a manual car, I'm buying a manual car, so I did. The M2 is pretty though.

3 hours ago, bimmerman said:

Personally, I dislike the new M3/M4 (as an older M3 owner) principally because of the god awful sound it makes. Same goes for any of the non-Turbo/GTx Porsches. 

You don't like a vroom box......weird. /s

The 718 Cayman/Boxster also sounds horrendous (and has a turbo). 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Anything from GM, American Ford, and the Fiat Chrysler group. 

AMD Phenom™ II X6 1100T @ 4.0GHz | MSI 890FXA-GD65 | MSI GTX 550Ti | 16GB Kingston DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD 750GB | Antec 300 | Asus Xonar DG | Corsair A50 | OCZ 600W | Windows 10 Pro

Intel Core™ i5-8520M | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 8GB DDR4 | Windows 10 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 

Intel Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | Windows 10 Home  Lenovo IdeaPad P580

AMD Phenom™ II X2 550 @ 3.10GHz | Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H | XFX Radeon HD 4870 | 4GB Corsair XMS2 | 250GB WD SATA | Thermaltake TR2 500W | Windows 7 Ultimate

Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) | iPad Mini (iOS 8.4) 

On 12/9/2017 at 11:35 AM, Drak3 said:

Anything running a Shitrolet engine made post mid 80's, and any 90's or later Shitrolet 1/2 ton+ truck.

Then are fighting words buddy... I'm a Ford guy all the way but Chevy still kicks ass. Nothing beats American Muscle.

Even drifting.. crown vics do it better.

1 minute ago, corsairian said:

Then are fighting words buddy... I'm a Ford guy all the way but Chevy still kicks ass. Nothing beats American Muscle.

I'm a It doesn't break down every other weekend guy.

And when it comes to Shitrolet, I'd rather take an engineless Vespa.

Super Space Invader

Pyo.

On 12/13/2017 at 11:08 AM, bimmerman said:

I used to wonder why people bought them, but there are a few good use cases. A friend of mine owns one, and it's a hilarious riot to drive-- imagine four wheel drifting with glorious V8 noises in fresh powder. He bought it because he wanted something as close to his old C63 AMG as he could find, that could also tow his racecar. He had a diesel Cherokee and a 4runner before the SRT and was just bored with them.

If you only have space for one vehicle, and want to use it to go biking, tow racecars with, go skiing in, and commute to work....and you want something that makes V8 noises and accelerates nowNowNOW, it's hard to think of a better all-rounder. It's not fast, but it is quick. I'd totally rock one since it avoids the turbo reliability headaches of the Cayenne and X5Ms of the world, and sounds amazing with exhaust mods. Fuel economy sucks, but gas is cheap and smiles per mile is what it's all about anyway.

Regarding the crossover hate-- they are a godsend when you're trying to fit a kid into a center-mounted carseat and you have a bad back. That extra few inches of ride height is a (literal) backsaver. Not everyone needs or wants a Suburban or a Van, and station wagons are annoyingly rare (and, when they exist, are usually slooooooooooow). I miss my old Subaru Legacy but...goddamn that car couldn't get out of its own way if it tried.

Personally, I dislike the new M3/M4 (as an older M3 owner) principally because of the god awful sound it makes. Same goes for any of the non-Turbo/GTx Porsches. They just sound awful now, and it's a damn shame. Also the stance and showcar scenes. Why put awesome racecar parts on a car whose only purpose in life is to trend on instagram? Does not compute.

Oh, and the M2. I learned how to heel-toe and am good at it. Whose stupid idea was it to require you to disable all stability control systems to rev match by yourself? Not just talking out of my ass on that one, I bought the SS instead of the M2 because of that feature. If I'm buying a manual car, I'm buying a manual car, so I did. The M2 is pretty though.

but i actually like stance........ practical stance anyway with air suspension.

and bmw has kinda gone down the drain lately. the new m5 doesn't even have a manual anymore, the first m5 EVER. if i buy an m5, it needs 3 pedals. but i'm not gonna buy a new one, i still love the nice e39 m5.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." [email protected]

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: /main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

On 12/13/2017 at 11:18 AM, iDeFecZx said:

Cars with tiny diesel engines - wtf are you gonna do with a 1.3 diesel??!?

Get amazing gas mileage. That's all.

6 minutes ago, Kobathor said:

Actually, diesels get terrible gas mileage.

Super Space Invader

Pyo.

3 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Actually, diesels get terrible gas mileage.

reported

Also i have a dislike for Porsche's for looking all the same. For the price of a Porsche i'd get a really nice Jag which is just as powerful and more luxurious plus you can get away with 'anything'

31 minutes ago, Kobathor said:

They're not even that great with that

System specs: Core i5 4690k @ 4.2GHz, MSI Z97 AC, 8GB HyperX Fury Blue 1866, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX.

Planned build: Core i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, MSI Z97 AC, 16GB HyperX Fury Black 1866, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, NZXT H440, Predator X34.

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £597 (£222 with sales)
  • Games owned: 53
  • Games not played: 12 (23%)
  • Hours on record: 2,346.4h

11 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

They're not even that great with that

Not US counterparts that are being choked by EPA requirements.

Super Space Invader

Pyo.

idk why but I hate modern beatles by Volkswagen for some reason.

I am scared of normal people, I like RGB. anime is luv anime is life ( so is  @Ashiella lol). I right now go to school

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

I would say I have been a gamer all my life but I don't have one lol

to breakout the slammer you need a sledge hammer

9 minutes ago, Eduard the weeb said:

idk why but I hate modern beatles by Volkswagen for some reason.

They are soooooooooo freaking tiny and terrible

Just now, Kobathor said:

They are soooooooooo freaking tiny and terrible

they are I am going off looks because I cannot get my learns for about 7 more months 

I am scared of normal people, I like RGB. anime is luv anime is life ( so is  @Ashiella lol). I right now go to school

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

I would say I have been a gamer all my life but I don't have one lol

to breakout the slammer you need a sledge hammer

26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Not US counterparts that are being choked by EPA requirements.

im in the UK and my mate has a 1.3 astra diesel. Gets the same mpg as a 1.2 petrol

System specs: Core i5 4690k @ 4.2GHz, MSI Z97 AC, 8GB HyperX Fury Blue 1866, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX.

Planned build: Core i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, MSI Z97 AC, 16GB HyperX Fury Black 1866, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, NZXT H440, Predator X34.

Just now, iDeFecZx said:

im in the UK and my mate has a 1.3 astra diesel. Gets the same mpg as a 1.2 petrol

Might just be a bad design for your engine, MPG unfriendly aettings, driving style, or your diesel might be a bit powerful for what it's doing.

Super Space Invader

Pyo.

1 hour ago, terrytek said:

but i actually like stance........ practical stance anyway with air suspension.

and bmw has kinda gone down the drain lately. the new m5 doesn't even have a manual anymore, the first m5 EVER. if i buy an m5, it needs 3 pedals. but i'm not gonna buy a new one, i still love the nice e39 m5.

That's fair. I'm a racer so modifying cars for stance vs on-track performance just seems weird to me. Different strokes and all.

I wanted an E39 M5 but having rebuilt my S54's vanos once already I wanted nothing to do with an engine that has TWO of those suckers, plus crazy bad EGR pipe carbon buildup, not to mention other old-BMW-isms. So I bought the next best thing, the three-pedal Chevy SS (aka Holden Commodore SS-V). A 6spd V10 M5 was a thought until I looked into the rod and main bearing issues on those.....still will likely own one someday because of glorious noises, but not for a DD.

30 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Might just be a bad design for your engine, MPG unfriendly aettings, driving style, or your diesel might be a bit powerful for what it's doing.

Its got about 68hp compared to 75 from the petrol mentioned, think he said he gets about 55mpg. Still better than the 30 i get out of my 1.6 lmao

On 12/10/2017 at 12:20 PM, vetali said:

Its a pretty big deal to me. When they are in the console they tend to collect crap, get stuff spilled on them and become sticky and gross.

Plus there was a time where I had to replace the switches in a Suzuki SL7 that had console mounted switches. The procedure was to take out the entire center console to flip it upside down and access the screws. Well, that would of been fine if this car hadn't smelled so repulsive that I wore my dust respirator to help me breath which was likely placebo, but it did make it possible to work without almost vomiting every breath. Then I went to pull the screws that secured the console, and within the storage area it was filled with adult diapers. So I said fuck the book procedure and I just peeled back the side plastic on the console, unscrewed the switches, and replaced them. Then I went home and took a shower. Thankfully those customers never came back after that job because they tried to get us to commit warranty fraud by saying we replaced a "window transmission" rather than a window switch because their warranty didn't cover electrical failures.

Reminds me of a dog lady at work. She always has her dogs with her so her car reeked of dirty dog enough to make you puke.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

I hate the look for fords after 1980 and the switch that most car makers made in 2015 or 2016 they just went down hill.

As many do the PT cruiser also sucks.

For the one would didn't like VW my parents both really enjoyed the early 2000 wagons with 2.0s and 5 speed manuals. (My dad is a car guy)

Why the hate on civics? they are cheap can go fast and don't look like shit.

My current car is a 2000 civic EX and its fun.

My family currently drives 2014 Chevy Traverse, 2005 Camry hybrid, 1966 chevy Malibu keep almost stock(new 350, rebuilt transmission, most of the interior redone ) and I will add this in even tho its not a car a 1976 Tahiti Jetboat with a 454 from a truck

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between midday and midnight.

NightHawk: i5 6600k @4.2, ASUS Z170m-plus, H105, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, Strix GTX 970 XFX RX 580 8GB, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 250gb 750 evo and 5tb Toshiba x300

My compute server (remember to add link) HP DL380G6 2xE5520 24GB ram with 4x146gb 10k drives and 4x300gb 10K drives, running NOTHING can't get anything to work :)

WIP NAS Cisco Security Multiservices Platform server e5420 12gb ram, 1x6 1tb raid 6 for plex + Need funding 16+1 2tb raid 6 for mass storage.

PSU White list:

On ‎2017‎-‎12‎-‎15 at 9:16 AM, Tcrumpen said:

What's wrong with a Fiat 500 Abarth?

It's a Fiat so build quality will be worse than an Alfa Romeo.

AMD Phenom™ II X6 1100T @ 4.0GHz | MSI 890FXA-GD65 | MSI GTX 550Ti | 16GB Kingston DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD 750GB | Antec 300 | Asus Xonar DG | Corsair A50 | OCZ 600W | Windows 10 Pro

Intel Core™ i5-8520M | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 8GB DDR4 | Windows 10 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 

Intel Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | Windows 10 Home  Lenovo IdeaPad P580

AMD Phenom™ II X2 550 @ 3.10GHz | Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H | XFX Radeon HD 4870 | 4GB Corsair XMS2 | 250GB WD SATA | Thermaltake TR2 500W | Windows 7 Ultimate

Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) | iPad Mini (iOS 8.4) 

19 hours ago, GDRRiley said:

Why the hate on civics? they are cheap can go fast and don't look like shit.

Ricers.

Super Space Invader

Pyo.