TheNaitsyrk

Way to remove shiny spots from matte aluminium? Razer Phone

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hiho,

I've had my new Razer Phone in the pocket of my bag wrapped in a shirt when I walked to work. I wouldn't otherwise take it but I needed to activate my SIM as I had to switch from micro to nano.

After I left, I noticed few tiniest scratches at the bottom and I tried to remove them with toothpaste. It worked for couple of things like shiny aluminium, but it didn't work on the Razer Phone. I have two shiny spots at the back of my phone.

My question is... Is there a way to get it back to it's original matte look?

I was even considering selling it to get new one. It just scratches so easily and I don't have a case for it yet.

I did buy a case for it, tempered glass protector, and Dbrand skin, but I guess the skin will be here within the next to weeks as they're located at Canada and I am in the UK.

So yea... Is there a way to remove the shiny spots / scratches from the back at all or there's nothing I can do and I have to live with it? It's brand new and it pisses me off already.

I know Dbrand skin will cover it permanently but I still know that those marks are there and I'm annoyed. Just looking for a solution. Thanks.

Love the phone by the way, it's just those scratches and shiny spots. Not really visible at all, but I know about them haha.

Main PC:                                                                                                                                      

CPU: Ryzen 2700X (4.20Ghz) 1.395V

Motherboard: ASUS ROG X370 Crosshair VI HERO.

RAM: 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Red LED 2 x 16GB, 3200Mhz rated, runs at 3200Mhz with reduced timings 14, 16, 16, 16, 34.

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 TI SC2 Hybrid: 2063 core clock, 12380 memory clock (OC) with Noctua 3000 PWM Industrial fan.

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Acrylic.                                 

Storage: Seagate 2TB 2x & Samsung EVO SSD 850 500GB & Samsung EVO 960 NVMe 250GB & Kingston V300 120GB SSD.

PSU: 1000RM Corsair GOLD.

Display: 4K AOC U2868PQU + 1080P AOC 27". 

Cooling: Corsair H115i with Thermaltake 140MM Green Riing Performance fans sandwich.

Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 LUX Blue MX Switches, Logitech Waterproof Keyboard.

Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum.

Projector. BenQ W2000.

Piano: Yamaha P155.

Phone: Razer Phone with DBRAND skin.

Hahaha, selling it and getting a new one because of a few scratches? Are you really that OCD? That's ridiculous.

I don't think there's a solution. I was going to say get some very fine grit sandpaper to rough it up but that'd likely just trigger you even more. The skin will cover them. Don't worry about it. It doesn't affect it at all.

Current PC:

Spoiler

*WORK IN PROGRESS*

Mothballed PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

10 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Hahaha, selling it and getting a new one because of a few scratches? Are you really that OCD? That's ridiculous.

I don't think there's a solution. I was going to say get some very fine grit sandpaper to rough it up but that'd likely just trigger you even more. The skin will cover them. Don't worry about it. It doesn't affect it at all.

Ultra OCD yeah. Yea I was thinking that. I'll most likely have a skin on it until I sell it.

Main PC:                                                                                                                                      

RAM: 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Red LED 2 x 16GB, 3200Mhz rated, runs at 3200Mhz with reduced timings 14, 16, 16, 16, 34.

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 TI SC2 Hybrid: 2063 core clock, 12380 memory clock (OC) with Noctua 3000 PWM Industrial fan.

Storage: Seagate 2TB 2x & Samsung EVO SSD 850 500GB & Samsung EVO 960 NVMe 250GB & Kingston V300 120GB SSD.

Cooling: Corsair H115i with Thermaltake 140MM Green Riing Performance fans sandwich.

Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 LUX Blue MX Switches, Logitech Waterproof Keyboard.

Projector. BenQ W2000.

6 minutes ago, TheNaitsyrk said:

Ultra OCD yeah. Yea I was thinking that. I'll most likely have a skin on it until I sell it.

Did you get a clear case? Kind of odd to have both, seeing as if it's not a clear case one will cover up the other.

Current PC:

Spoiler

*WORK IN PROGRESS*

Mothballed PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

7 hours ago, dizmo said:

Did you get a clear case? Kind of odd to have both, seeing as if it's not a clear case one will cover up the other.

I only bought black case for it, but I'm still gonna use it only until the Dbrand skin comes.

Main PC:                                                                                                                                      

Projector. BenQ W2000.