cedge206

Moving from xbox one s to xbox one x

Posted · Original PosterOP

Trading in my xbox one s for the new xbox one x. What happens to my digital download games eg fifa purchased online and forza horizon was a digital copy key. What will happen to them when i move to new xbox. Will i be able to redownload them if i use the same microsoft/xbox live account or do i lose them?

Just now, cedge206 said:

Trading in my xbox one s for the new xbox one x. What happens to my digital download games eg fifa purchased online and forza horizon was a digital copy key. What will happen to them when i move to new xbox. Will i be able to redownload them if i use the same microsoft/xbox live account or do i lose them?

Yes, your games are saved in your account. When I upgraded from X360 to One S I could just download them.

Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, nishe1 said:

Yes, your games are saved in your account. When I upgraded from X360 to One S I could just download them.

Ok thanks. Been researching online but the explanations werent so simple.

Just now, cedge206 said:

Ok thanks. Been researching online but the explanations werent so simple.

Well, I'm a simple man with simple explanations. ;) Speaking of games like Forza Horizon 3 you can also download them on your PC with Windows 10.

you can download on any Xbox or PC (for games available on PC) that you're signed in to with your MS account. The game will show under "Ready to install" in My Games and Apps (on Xbox), also, in the store, it will show Owned and let you download it.

There used to be a limit of 10 devices (at least on PC), but I think it's been removed now. 

You only get one offline PC and one offline/shared Xbox (Home Xbox) though. 

Save data is stored online for all games. When you sign in on a new device (or after playing on a different device), you'll see "syncing game data" and it will auto-download your saved data. 

8 hours ago, nishe1 said:

Well, I'm a simple man with simple explanations. ;) Speaking of games like Forza Horizon 3 you can also download them on your PC with Windows 10.

Compare this with doing an upgrade on a Nintendo console... Ugh. Pretty sure even on Switch if you have to change consoles for some reason you'll need to connect the two to transfer over the saves.