Jump to content
cedge206

Moving from xbox one s to xbox one x

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Trading in my xbox one s for the new xbox one x. What happens to my digital download games eg fifa purchased online and forza horizon was a digital copy key. What will happen to them when i move to new xbox. Will i be able to redownload them if i use the same microsoft/xbox live account or do i lose them?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cedge206 said:

Trading in my xbox one s for the new xbox one x. What happens to my digital download games eg fifa purchased online and forza horizon was a digital copy key. What will happen to them when i move to new xbox. Will i be able to redownload them if i use the same microsoft/xbox live account or do i lose them?

Yes, your games are saved in your account. When I upgraded from X360 to One S I could just download them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, nishe1 said:

Yes, your games are saved in your account. When I upgraded from X360 to One S I could just download them.

Ok thanks. Been researching online but the explanations werent so simple.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cedge206 said:

Ok thanks. Been researching online but the explanations werent so simple.

Well, I'm a simple man with simple explanations. ;) Speaking of games like Forza Horizon 3 you can also download them on your PC with Windows 10.

Link to post
Share on other sites

you can download on any Xbox or PC (for games available on PC) that you're signed in to with your MS account. The game will show under "Ready to install" in My Games and Apps (on Xbox), also, in the store, it will show Owned and let you download it.

 

There used to be a limit of 10 devices (at least on PC), but I think it's been removed now. 

You only get one offline PC and one offline/shared Xbox (Home Xbox) though. 

 

 

Save data is stored online for all games. When you sign in on a new device (or after playing on a different device), you'll see "syncing game data" and it will auto-download your saved data. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, nishe1 said:

Well, I'm a simple man with simple explanations. ;) Speaking of games like Forza Horizon 3 you can also download them on your PC with Windows 10.

Compare this with doing an upgrade on a Nintendo console... Ugh. Pretty sure even on Switch if you have to change consoles for some reason you'll need to connect the two to transfer over the saves. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.



  • Recently Browsing 0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Last Topics

xbox 360 headset with mic ubiquiti unifi ap long range lga775 socket processors linksys ea6300 bridge mode window not genuine remover adding hard drive to xbox 360 slim this copy of windows not genuine build 7601 linksys wifi repeater xbox 360 headset not working this copy of windows is not genuine registry fix windows not genuine build 7601 fix linksys smart wifi firmware how to setup asus rt n56u as an access point xbox 360 controller mic port how to charge an xbox controller icloud and outlook sync 3.5 mm audio jack to 2.5mm xbox 360 500 gb hard drive linksys ea6300 tomato how to remove build 7601 windows 7 jailbreak ipad 5.1 1 without computer how many millibytes in a gigabyte citrix receiver for windows 8 command and conquer generals origin xbox 360 controller tool lol patcher kernel not working dead island xbox 360 controls afterglow xbox 360 controller on pc xbox 360 charge controller microsoft xbox 360 pc controller driver how to login to unifi router how to remove the bios password in laptop pokemon emerald how to get swim


×