Jump to content
cedge206

Moving from xbox one s to xbox one x

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Trading in my xbox one s for the new xbox one x. What happens to my digital download games eg fifa purchased online and forza horizon was a digital copy key. What will happen to them when i move to new xbox. Will i be able to redownload them if i use the same microsoft/xbox live account or do i lose them?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cedge206 said:

Trading in my xbox one s for the new xbox one x. What happens to my digital download games eg fifa purchased online and forza horizon was a digital copy key. What will happen to them when i move to new xbox. Will i be able to redownload them if i use the same microsoft/xbox live account or do i lose them?

Yes, your games are saved in your account. When I upgraded from X360 to One S I could just download them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, nishe1 said:

Yes, your games are saved in your account. When I upgraded from X360 to One S I could just download them.

Ok thanks. Been researching online but the explanations werent so simple.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cedge206 said:

Ok thanks. Been researching online but the explanations werent so simple.

Well, I'm a simple man with simple explanations. ;) Speaking of games like Forza Horizon 3 you can also download them on your PC with Windows 10.

Link to post
Share on other sites

you can download on any Xbox or PC (for games available on PC) that you're signed in to with your MS account. The game will show under "Ready to install" in My Games and Apps (on Xbox), also, in the store, it will show Owned and let you download it.

 

There used to be a limit of 10 devices (at least on PC), but I think it's been removed now. 

You only get one offline PC and one offline/shared Xbox (Home Xbox) though. 

 

 

Save data is stored online for all games. When you sign in on a new device (or after playing on a different device), you'll see "syncing game data" and it will auto-download your saved data. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, nishe1 said:

Well, I'm a simple man with simple explanations. ;) Speaking of games like Forza Horizon 3 you can also download them on your PC with Windows 10.

Compare this with doing an upgrade on a Nintendo console... Ugh. Pretty sure even on Switch if you have to change consoles for some reason you'll need to connect the two to transfer over the saves. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.



  • Recently Browsing 0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Last Topics

ubiquiti wifi ap this copy of windows is not genuine build 7601 fix how to unscrew a stripped screw laptop raider pro joystick games with joystick pc xbox 360 hard drive sata xbox 360 controller audio jack intel core 2 duo overclocking software how many gigs in a mb how many mega bytes in a gigabyte how many megabytes are in 4 gigabytes pvp.net patcher kernel stopped working xbox mic adapter xbox 360 e upgrade hard drive remove this copy of windows is not genuine build 7601 c&c generals contra xbox 360 ram upgrade ica file opener how much to pawn a xbox 360 windows not genuine build 7601 fix games with joystick pc one gb is equal to how many mb bios reset password laptop how to unscrew a threaded screw asus notebook recovery key 2.5mm female to 3.5mm male headset audio adapter microphone 2.5 mm jack windows 7 is not genuine build 7601 fix green afterglow xbox 360 controller reset password in bios how do i get contacts from icloud league of legends kernel not working headphones for xbox 360 controller


×