wxc

Hey.. should i buy an i5 8600k for gaming ?

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi everyone.. im building a new gaming pc and i seriously consider buying the i5 8600k.. in terms of fps. it beats the 7700k but i've heard rumors saying that the i5 lags alot cuz it lacks Hyperthreading.. so my question is: is the HT really offer a smoother experience ? Or should i go with i5 ?(its cheaper tho)

Here's my new rig

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/BX367h

Decide for yourself.

I am scared of normal people, I like RGB   I enjoy, memes, food, and sleep. I try to workout but its tough lol also anime is life

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

I would say I have been a gamer all my life but I don't have one lol

to breakout the slammer you need a sledge hammer

Posted (edited) · Original PosterOP

Thanks for the reply..

I know what HT is.. some actually say it decreases performance in games... look let me put it this way

"The i7 7700k or the i5 8600k?"

Oh and what do you think about my rig? Is it good enough ?

Edited by wxc

get the i5 8600K over the i7 7700K

it overclocks better (i heard on most forums) and since it is a new generation (kinda) it has a small ipc advantage.

also, its cheaper.

rig looks good btw

-edit-

look at this thread for more info

Your rig should be good but I don't think a 150$ AIO makes sense personally

I would get the I5 8600K over the I7 7700K in the end

I am scared of normal people, I like RGB   I enjoy, memes, food, and sleep. I try to workout but its tough lol also anime is life

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

I would say I have been a gamer all my life but I don't have one lol

to breakout the slammer you need a sledge hammer

3 hours ago, Koen_Theuws said:

get the i5 8600K over the i7 7700K

it overclocks better (i heard on most forums) and since it is a new generation (kinda) it has a small ipc advantage.

also, its cheaper.

rig looks good btw

-edit-

look at this thread for more info

Thanks alot ! 

3 hours ago, Eduard the weeb said:

Your rig should be good but I don't think a 150$ AIO makes sense personally

I would get the I5 8600K over the I7 7700K in the end

Its the only aio available in stock here in morocco.. since its pretty hot here in marrakech and i plan on oc'in my 8600k i went with water instead of air..

The i7-7700K has four hyperthreaded cores. The i5-8600K has six cores. According to passmark benchmarks the i5-8600K has slightly better performance. (Interestingly, the i5-8400 has slightly lower performance than the i7-7700K at stock speeds. Which suggests it is a good option for budget builds.) While passmark is not the most accurate reflection of performance, it is usually good enough for rough estimates.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.