Bryst

Hybrid Physx Revisited

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hey guys, Im new the the LTT forum but have used other tech forums in the past. I was looking to try out Hybrid Physx again, as it appears it still works with a slightly different method. I have dabbled with it in the past, I had a 9600GT paired with a 6850 some years ago. I was wondering if anyone had any information on what exactly is important in a card for physx. From what I remember, the GPU memory isnt really a factor and it basically boils down to the amount of cuda cores and the clock speed of the cores.

I currently have a R9 Fury nitro and had been looking at either a GT1030, or something like a GTX645. I'm trying to get as much physx power out of the card for the least wattage and smallest footprint as I have a matx case.

5 minutes ago, pas008 said:

what games do you play that require physx?

Fallout 4, Batman, KF2. Not really important to the discussion though.

11 minutes ago, Bryst said:

Fallout 4, Batman, KF2. Not really important to the discussion though.

well I find it legitimate to ask, I do have a physx card myself but for the main purpose of driving more monitors

but I have seen software manipulation to get it done on many articles

and seen a vga monitor dummy on nvidia card before to get it to work

but that was years ago so i'm not sure now days

Sorry, when people start asking questions like that they tend to be to justify telling you its not worth the time. I see it alot on other forums. From what I have been reading there is the multi monitor method that still works and then theres a method where you install nvidia gpu drivers without physx, run a prepatch file, install physx then install a hybrid software and it should still work.

I remember seeing benchmarks where someone used something light like a gt 730 for physx and it performed quite well and there wasn't a big framerate difference than using something beefier like a 780 for physx.  So I imagine a 1030 would be just fine.

I had hybrid physx working at one point using a 6870 paired with my old 8800gt (until i snagged a second 6870 for crossfire).  I'm on team green now so I haven't tested it since.

I have no idea if hybrid physx works now with Nvidia's latest drivers.  Nvidia likes to lock their stuff down.

20 minutes ago, Bryst said:

Sorry, when people start asking questions like that they tend to be to justify telling you its not worth the time. I see it alot on other forums. From what I have been reading there is the multi monitor method that still works and then theres a method where you install nvidia gpu drivers without physx, run a prepatch file, install physx then install a hybrid software and it should still work.

could always try the multi monitor method or with vga monitor dummy plug

buy on amazon and if cant find a way to get it to work could always return said card along with monitor/plug