What all do i need in my psu??

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi

im building a new pc with 

i7 7700k

16 gb ddr4

gtx 1060

asus prime H270 plus in Atx form

i wanna know that if im choosing a 500-600 watts PSU what all connectors and cables should i look for, to make use of my entire motherboard, and is there a guide on how i should wire my mother board

3 minutes ago, Arsalan khan said:

Hi

i7 7700k

16 gb ddr4

gtx 1060

i wanna know that if im choosing a 500-600 watts PSU what all connectors and cables should i look for, to make use of my entire motherboard, and is there a guide on how i should wire my mother board

Any PSU will work, very low wattage

Don't get the 7700k get the 8600k or 8700k

CPU: Ryzen 1700@3.9ghz; GPU: EVGA 560 Ti 1gb; RAM: 16gb 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000; PCPP: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b3xzzM

Have you bought anything? If not, I suggest you to change to Ryzen 5/7+B350/X370 mobo or, wait for i5 8400+H310 (or any Coffee Lake CPU)

Get at least tier 3 PSU from here, they should provide enough connectors: (I suggest Corsair CX/CX-M)

/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/

What do you mean by 'wire motherboard'?

The guy who wants a gaming rig but ends up with nothing a gaming laptop

My PC: Lenovo Legion Y520 (My Review)

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 7300HQ 2.5GHZ Kingston 8GB DDR4 2133MHZ RAM Samsung 850 EVO 250GB Nvidia GTX 1050 2GB
FAREWELL 4GB DDR4 2400MHZ Samsung RAM  Seagate 1TB 5400RPM HDD

My Ultra Budget Peripherals: (87 USD)

Mouse - Logitech G102 Prodigy (Mercury sensor), MYR 70 (17.20 USD)

Mousepad - Steelseries QcK MassMYR 69 (16.96 USD)

Keyboard - Tecware Phantom TKL (red backlit, Outemu brown switch), MYR 139 (34.16 USD)

Headphones - SonicGear Vibra 5 (no mic), MYR 50 (12.29 USD)

Speakers - SonicGear Quadro 2 mini speakers, MYR 26 (6.39 USD)

My Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (Snapdragon 625, 3GB RAM, 32GB ROM)

Mostly active in 'Laptops and Pre-built Systems' subforum
Gaming Laptop Buying Guide For Malaysians (best price for the specs)

It can vary a bit depending on the specific parts your getting. But if I hazard to guess I'd say a 24 pin connector for the board 4-6 pin for the processor and an 8 pin for the GPU. Make sure you have enough sata for all your drives as well. 

whatever you buy, you will probably get the correct cables for in the box. the 1060 uses 1 PCIe cable. everything else is REQUIRED to power a MB and CPU, so the PSU will come with those connectors.

Each connector only goes in one place on the system, and only one way. they should each be labeled so you cannot possibly screw it up. Read the manual the MB & GPU comes with to find out where each connector is located on the board and where it connects to.

R7 1700X 3.9 GHz | Asus X370 Pro | SeaSonic SS660 | 2x8GB Cosair RGB 3466 (3200MHz) | H115i AIO | Phanteks P400S | GTX 1080ti FE | Crucial MX300

1 hour ago, Arsalan khan said:

Hi

i7 7700k

16 gb ddr4

gtx 1060

Don't buy a 7700K with an H270 board. Get a Z170 or Z270 board so you can overclock your CPU. If you want a non-k SKU i7 then it would make more sense to get an AMD Ryzen CPU like a 1700.

A Corsair CX450 would be fine for a GTX 1060.

|PSU Tier ListPSU Whitelist / 80 Plus Efficiency| I like Power Supplies for whatever reason. Feel free to PM me with any questions. 

System: "External links are not allowed" || Resources for PSU information: "lol can't do that either" | For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Blake