NumLock21

FCC Live Stream

2 minutes ago, Tiberiusisgame said:

I've never worked for a company of more than 5 people that didn't have that gap. Salary negotiations help to create that gap. A guy can work a job 10 years and have all the experience for that job, yet a 3% cost of living increase over those 10 years (and a company policy of no raises) could still land him under a new hire for the same work.

Injustice is just a way of life. You can complain and suffer or you can leave your job and be that new hire with the bigger salary. Which leads to disloyalty to a company and constant job changing. Then the companies higher experts to figure out why their turnover is greater than 25%.

I'm not speaking from experience, clearly...

Funny thing about it was the 3 of us were fresh outta school and me the new guy and the other guy who was there 1 month before me got paid the same as the guy who was there for 3+ years, but the girl who was there 4 months before me, she got paid way less then the rest of us. Shit even the dude who got hired waaaaaaayyyyyyyy after me got paid the same as me and he had 0 degrees or certs to work in that field. all he did was fuck shit up for 4 months lol

CPU: Intel i5 6500 | GPU: Asus Strix 1070 O8G Gaming | PSU: EVGA SuperNova NEX650 Gold | Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4 - 3066 (Oc) 16GB | OS Drive: Crucial MX 300 2.5" SSD | Game Drive:Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Asus z170-a | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window) | Monitor: Acer R240HY | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard | Mouse: Zelotes 7200 DPI 7 Buttons LED Optical

Humble Box Build Coming Soon...

1 hour ago, M.Yurizaki said:

"You don't need laws against murder. You can trust I won't kill anyone." ;)

The irony is that this is Verizon's former lawyer asking us to trust his former customer/new employer.

Main Rig: See profile

Laptop:

Lenovo Y50-70 - i7-4720HQ, 1TB SSHD, 8GBs of RAM, and GTX 960m.

Current Phone:

Pegasus/Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930U

Gaming Stuffs:

Sony-PS3-4 and a PSTV.

MS-Xbox Original, 360, Xbox One S 1TB Halo Bundle.

Nintendo-NES, YOBO NES, SNES Mini, and an N64

SEGA-Game Gear+SEGA CDX

SNK/Playmore/Tommo-NGPC+NeoGeo X Gold with Ninja Masters.

Randoms-Rare Space Invaders Keychain+1970s Pachinko.

Mini PC:

Gir/RPi 3 Model B

Android Devices:

Fire Stick+HD8

1 minute ago, knightslugger said:

Please stay on topic.

I've never liked how ISP Infrastructure companies have held the american people hostage over NN. It's always smelled to high heaven and for that reason, i will never support corporate interest in a public utility.

...And i do believe that the internet is a public utility. don't agree? Then take it all away. shut down the internet entirely, and see how quickly society crumbles.

See how fast civil wars break out you mean

CPU: Intel i5 6500 | GPU: Asus Strix 1070 O8G Gaming | PSU: EVGA SuperNova NEX650 Gold | Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4 - 3066 (Oc) 16GB | OS Drive: Crucial MX 300 2.5" SSD | Game Drive:Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Asus z170-a | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window) | Monitor: Acer R240HY | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard | Mouse: Zelotes 7200 DPI 7 Buttons LED Optical

1 minute ago, XenosTech said:

Funny thing about it was the 3 of us were fresh outta school and me the new guy and the other guy who was there 1 month before me got paid the same as the guy who was there for 3+ years, but the girl who was there 4 months before me, she got paid way less then the rest of us. Shit even the dude who got hired waaaaaaayyyyyyyy after me got paid the same as me and he had 0 degrees or certs to work in that field. all he did was fuck shit up for 4 months lol

Those people, the last guy, usually get promoted. But I like that. It gets them out of a position where they can do damage and puts them behind a desk where decisions take years.

1 minute ago, XenosTech said:

See how fast civil wars break out you mean

heh, take your pick.

R7 1700X 3.8 GHz | Asus X370 Pro | SeaSonic SS660 | 2x8GB Cosair RGB 3466 (3200MHz) | BQ! PureRock | Phanteks P400S | GTX 1080ti w/G12 H115i AIO | Crucial MX300

3 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

Please stay on topic.

I've never liked how ISP Infrastructure companies have held the american people hostage over NN. It's always smelled to high heaven and for that reason, i will never support corporate interest in a public utility.

...And i do believe that the internet is a public utility. don't agree? Then take it all away. shut down the internet entirely, and see how quickly society crumbles.

My mistake, chief. I got caught up in the passion for the struggle, and now that the struggle is dead, at least for now...

3 hours ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

It's one thing to say he is corrupt but to wish harm on the dude, jeez. How to make your side look shitty: step one.

He deserves to be seriously hurt because of how he seems to ignore the people who this really effects.

2 minutes ago, Tiberiusisgame said:

Those people, the last guy, usually get promoted. But I like that. It gets them out of a position where they can do damage and puts them behind a desk where decisions take years.

lol or fired... Fired is the better decision

1 minute ago, knightslugger said:

heh, take your pick.

I'd like the internet to stay, I don't need to be walking around with a battle axe and 900 rpgs

Just now, XenosTech said:

lol or fired... Fired is the better decision

I'd like the internet to stay, I don't need to be walking around with a battle axe and 900 rpgs

all i need is lots of handloaded ammo and a LOOOOOOOONG open field.

R7 1700X 3.8 GHz | Asus X370 Pro | SeaSonic SS660 | 2x8GB Cosair RGB 3466 (3200MHz) | BQ! PureRock | Phanteks P400S | GTX 1080ti w/G12 H115i AIO | Crucial MX300

3 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

all i need is lots of handloaded ammo and a LOOOOOOOONG open field.

We got ourselves a snakey snake *DP Voice*

30 minutes ago, Hot_Swap_Fries said:

He deserves to be seriously hurt because of how he seems to ignore the people who this really effects.

and maybe because of that bomb threat, there needs to be a 60% tax on the internet for people who think it's alright to say that someone needs to be harmed because they did something you didn't like

| Your Experience with Depression/Anxiety? | Where Do You Land on 16Personalities? | 

@Dan Castellaneta x @wcreek || Jake x Brendan :x 52ever
Spoiler

}} Upcoming Build - Titania {{

~Ryzen 5 1600X - Asus TUF B350 - Cryorig H7 - Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 8GB @ 2400MHz - XFX Double Dissipation RX 470 4GB - SanDisk SSDPlus 120GB - Toshiba X300 4TB HDD - Cooler Master Silencio 352 - LG DVD/CD Drive - EVGA SuperNova G2 550W - Windows 10 Education - Logitech G610 (MX Browns) - Corsair m65 Pro RGB~

Coming Late 2017 }

3 hours ago, wcreek said:

I pay for 12mbps down/7 mbps up

I get 13mbps down 1mbps up 

Their data cap is either incredibly high or non existent, because I've downloaded around 350GB of games and stuff one month and there was no throttling.

I have CenturyLink.

normal the cap is 500gb or 1tb. something that my house of 4 often gets close to 800gb a month

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between midday and midnight.

NightHawk: i5 6600k @4.2, ASUS Z170m-plus, H105, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, Strix GTX 970, Corsair RM750X, Samsung 500 gb 850 evo, Samsung 250gb 750 evo and 5tb Toshiba x300

My new NAS (remember to add link) HP DL380G6 with 4x146gb 10k drives and 4x300gb 10K drives, running FreeNAS

PSU White list:

3 hours ago, wcreek said:

Oh no, of course they do. 
I'm not trying to defend CenturyLink here. We pay way too much for the service we get, but I'm just giving an example of why Title II has done nothing to fix their pricing for what they provide.

For the $65 or $70 that we pay, at least we should be getting like 50mbps down/20mbps up and actually getting those speeds and not like 51mbps down/5mbps up.

it was never supose to fix pricing. 

ISPS in 1996 said that in 2005 everyone would have 50 up and down but that never happened. it was suppose to be about 20-30$ and we set aside 5k per building do do so but nothing ever happened 

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between midday and midnight.

NightHawk: i5 6600k @4.2, ASUS Z170m-plus, H105, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, Strix GTX 970, Corsair RM750X, Samsung 500 gb 850 evo, Samsung 250gb 750 evo and 5tb Toshiba x300

My new NAS (remember to add link) HP DL380G6 with 4x146gb 10k drives and 4x300gb 10K drives, running FreeNAS

PSU White list:

Guys don't forget that congress can basically vote to overrule the FCC's decision. My only hope is that Republican congressmen have largely been against this decision as well, surprisingly. They're apparently smart enough to realize that their constituents hugely dislike dismantling net neutrality, so they'd better be part of the solution if they hope to be re-elected.
I choose to HOPE that this will happen...otherwise the US has taken one huge step toward having information infrastructure like that of North Korea. And they talk of freedom...

32 minutes ago, Calico Morgan said:

Guys don't forget that congress can basically vote to overrule the FCC's decision.

there's nothing basic about it. What it hinges on is whether or not they feel they have time to address it, and how many never-trumpers and Democrats can get together long enough not to rip each other's throats out to gut this thing.

the good news is that there are enough people in congress that both hate the FCC appointment's appointer and hate the repeal of NN that it COULD get done... but i'll be honest, I'm not holding my breath. Congress is dysfunctional and i'd be surprised if more than 40% actually listen to their constituents.

Posted · Original PosterOP
11 hours ago, gabrielcarvfer said:

What was that? Jesus...
source.gif

at first I thought someone make a funny gif. Turns out that's actually real. :o

pri_63195222.jpg?w=748&h=498&crop=1

http://metro.co.uk/2017/12/14/fcc-chairman-drinks-ridiculously-oversized-mug-ends-net-neutrality-7161066/

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / HD5850 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

14 hours ago, SC2Mitch said:

-snip-

this needs more likes lmao

My first time building a PC

here's mah list

Btw I get Intel discount

Ive gone from a i5-7600k a 1050 ti and a 256gb m.2 and a 21.5" monitor and a abysuss v1 to this

I have to wait for christmas 2017 for most of these parts(i chose them and i then "forgot" about them)

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/R3NDD8
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/R3NDD8/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel - Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  (Purchased For $173.00) 
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler  (Purchased For $34.89) 
Motherboard: Asus - STRIX Z270-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (Purchased For $165.00) 
Memory: GeIL - SUPER LUCE RGB SYNC 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  (Purchased For $134.00) 
Storage: Intel - 600p Series 512GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $118.00) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($41.89 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB Strix Video Card  (Purchased For $328.89) 
Case: Phanteks - ECLIPSE P400 ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $69.99) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $49.99) 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($92.99 @ Best Buy) 
Monitor: Samsung - C24F390 24.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor  (Purchased For $129.99) 
Keyboard: Logitech - K350 Wireless Ergonomic Keyboard  (Purchased For $49.99) 
Other: Razer DeathAdder Elite - Multi-Color Ergonomic Gaming Mouse - World's Most Precise Sensor - Comfortable Grip - The eSports Gaming Mouse  (Purchased For $49.99) 
Other: Logitech Unifying receiver for mouse and keyboard  (Purchased For $11.47) I had the keyboard lying around but i lost the reciever
Total: $1450.08

1 hour ago, NumLock21 said:

at first I thought someone make a funny gif. Turns out that's actually real. :o

http://metro.co.uk/2017/12/14/fcc-chairman-drinks-ridiculously-oversized-mug-ends-net-neutrality-7161066/

Hilarious is what it is.

Now that the actual vote is behind us, all that's mostly left is mocking the fools that were up in arms over this. Though the emotional pain they're feeling is the gift that Google gave them for running this propaganda campaign for how long, now? 10 years? I also enjoy that everyone conveniently ignores that a new Rules Framework could have been passed through Congress at any point from 2009 on under the Obama Adminstrations, but all they came up with was a late-term rule change that was an over-reach, badly thought out and already gutted by the courts.

At most, this was already a dry, rules-based issue about long-term infrastructure investment, but you've been played for years to feel anguish over it. I'd love a complete re-evaluation of the Infrastructure aspects to Network Systems at the Federal level, but that's now always off the table because there will never be a middle ground from which to do more than tinker. 

So, it's funny to laugh about because of how pathetic it is. Really. If you want something better, maybe actually learn something about the way Propaganda works. Why it works. And why you keep falling for it. Or keep being emotionally manipulated by soulless corporations to protect their profit margins.