Disgrace

I want to watch my movies on my tv

Posted · Original PosterOP

I need a solution to watch my movies from my desktop to my tv.

Is there a way i can do this with a hdd or something? 

I don't want to plug and unplug from my tv every time i want something new loaded onto that drive.
Explain like I'm five. 

9 minutes ago, Disgrace said:

I need a solution to watch my movies from my desktop to my tv.

Is there a way i can do this with a hdd or something? 

I don't want to plug and unplug from my tv every time i want something new loaded onto that drive.
Explain like I'm five. 

Sure! You can grab the Plex Media Server software. You can run Plex Media Server on any Windows/Mac/Linux computer. From there you can use nearly any gaming console or streaming stick connected to your TV to stream from that computer's library.

Watch this video to learn more:

Make sure to quote me or use @Homeless Pineapple if you want a prompt reply!

I once was a pineapple, young and bold, when my life took an unexpected toll.

Desktop - Ryzen RGB

CPU - Ryzen 7 1700 | Motherboard - MSI B350M MORTARRAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 | GPU - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980

Case - Thermaltake Core V21 | Storage - Samsung 960 EVO 500GB, Samsung 850 EVO 120GB, Crucial MX100 128GB, Seagate FireCuda 1TB | PSU - EVGA B3 650W

DisplaysSamsung S24D300H and S22F350 | Keyboard - Corsair K70 LUX RGB | Mouse - SteelSeries Rival 300 | Audio - Bose ST II and QC 25  

Laptop - Thinkpad Yoga 370

CPU - Core i5 7300U | Memory - 8GB (1x8gb) DDR4-2133 | Storage - Intel 600p 512GB

Smart Devices - Google Pixel with Mobvoi Ticwatch S

Posted · Original PosterOP

I want to be offline when I watch, so a solution to as where I can transfer files from my desktop to a hdd of some sort? 
I want to be able to control the files from my tv.

No TV, that I've seen, really offers that kind of support or playback. Your PC (or having a small HTPC, or Android box) would be your only real way of hooking up to your TV to be able to watch stuff from a hard drive.

3 hours ago, Disgrace said:

My tv supports most files trough usb 3.0

Then load them onto an external HDD and do it that way or go with an option mentioned here. Only other thing I can think of is maybe a Western Digital MyCloud but I have little idea on if that would work or not. Do some research on that one.