CPotter

Questions About LTX 2018? AMA.

@CPotter Could you guys do a meet up in the San Francisco Bay Area? I know that a lot of people would attend (after all, it would be less that an hour away from the heart of Silicon Valley). Most of those people are students that can't afford the money and/or time to travel to Canada.

On 2018-04-13 at 9:58 AM, CPotter said:

I want to say no but let me get back to you on that, follow up if I don't answer within the next few weeks. We've got the initial booth list planned and are now in the process of figuring out specifics and adding more booths as we go.

Did you figure this out?
Just want to make sure the stuff gets here in time if I need anything!

On 24/04/2018 at 8:03 PM, tp3208 said:

@CPotter Could you guys do a meet up in the San Francisco Bay Area? I know that a lot of people would attend (after all, it would be less that an hour away from the heart of Silicon Valley). Most of those people are students that can't afford the money and/or time to travel to Canada.

Might be tricky as they are based in Vancouver and not the US

I like PSUs. Feel free to ask me about PSU questions.

Helios 2: Intel® Core™ i5-4460 | GA-B85M-D3H | 8GB DDR3-1333 -> 16GB DDR3-1333 | MSI R7 370 ARMOR | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Helios 3: Ryzen 5 2600 | GA-AX370 Gaming 5 | 16GB DDR4-3000 | GTX 1070 Ti/Vega 56 | Define C TG | Refurb RM650x

Granville: Intel® Core™ i5-4460 | GA-B85M-D3H | 8GB DDR3-1333 | MSI R7 370 ARMOR | MasterWatt Q300L | Corsair CX450M

@STRMfrmXMN's PSU Tier List | Don't buy a M12II

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

On 4/24/2018 at 9:03 PM, tp3208 said:

Wouldn't they have to apply for a U.S. job visa?

On 3/30/2018 at 7:24 PM, wade805 said:

If I am planning on going to LTX, and staying in Vancouver for a few extra days what are some things I can do? What are some recommendations for an American to experience in Canada? Recommendations in general? Thanks!

Loads of things. What do you like to do?

There isn't really anything in Canada that you don't have in some form in the US. Poutine might be something worth trying, though West coast poutine isn't quite the same as authentic Quebec poutine.

On 3/30/2018 at 8:55 PM, JustMATT said:

most of the tourism stuff is in downtown vancouver, traffic sucks there, if you like hiking theres a bunch of mountains if you wanna get in a car for a few hours, also stanley park is nice

There's loads of stuff on the North Shore as well. You can reach loads of mountains without hopping into a car, and a few hours is a massive over exaggeration.

Current PC:

Spoiler

*WORK IN PROGRESS*

Mothballed PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red