Flavortown2k16

Best CoD to get for pc?

Posted · Original PosterOP

Getting my paycheck on sunday and i've been craving for a cod game to play. Used to play them with ps3 back in the good ol' days, but dont have my old ps3 to play them.

So is there any player base left in the modern warfare games or do i have to fork some dough to get the ww2?

''Daddy CumTits 2.0'' (pc):

CPU - Intel i7 8700k

GPU - Asus Strix 1080 8gb

RAM - 2x8gb Corsair Vengance 

MOBO - Asus Prime Z370-p

PSU - Corsair RM750x

Battlefield 1

There's still a bit of a playerbase for the modern warfare games, but they're full of cheaters and modded lobbies. It's pretty hard to get a standard match. I'd assume the remastered version of modern warfare would have a bigger playbase, but I don't know if you can actually buy it individually, I just know it was only available with a special edition at launch.

If you want the best experience (as in, up to date and fewer hackers) You'd be best off going with WW2

WW2 is alright, but nothing special, it's gotten better since Michael Cornbread left tho.

My tech stuff

(Main) G751JY | 4720hq (soon to be oc'd) | 980m (going to go beyond the +135 limit) | 1tb hdd (thank god 7200 rpm) | 120gb ssd | 16gb ddr3 1600 mhz |

(sold) G751JT | 4720hq | 965m | 1tb hdd (5400 rpm is ass) | 16gb ddr3 1600 mhz |

LG G6 | Snapdragon 821 w Adreno 530 | 4gb ram | 32gb storage |

(Retired) Lenovo thinkpad X220 (soon to be sold so I can upgrade something better) | i5 2520m | 500gb hdd (slow as shit as well) | 8gb ddr3 1333 |

Posted · Original PosterOP
4 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Battlefield 1

There's still a bit of a playerbase for the modern warfare games, but they're full of cheaters and modded lobbies. It's pretty hard to get a standard match. I'd assume the remastered version of modern warfare would have a bigger playbase, but I don't know if you can actually buy it individually, I just know it was only available with a special edition at launch.

If you want the best experience (as in, up to date and fewer hackers) You'd be best off going with WW2

Allready have battlefield 1 and remastered mw has a dead player base and the story isnt so great i would pay 40€ for it

3 minutes ago, TheDankKoosh said:

WW2 is alright, but nothing special, it's gotten better since Michael Cornbread left tho.

Does ww2 have gun unlocks from leveling up? becouse if i remember correctly black ops 3 made you get new guns from boxes before you could use them ( needless to say that sucks...)

''Daddy CumTits 2.0'' (pc):

CPU - Intel i7 8700k

GPU - Asus Strix 1080 8gb

RAM - 2x8gb Corsair Vengance 

MOBO - Asus Prime Z370-p

PSU - Corsair RM750x

It will be difficult to find one the has a good online player base as most PC shooter players have transitioned to battle royal games like pubG and fortnite.

System Specs

CPU: I7-5820k   MOBO:Asus X99 strix   RAM: 32gb corsair Dominator Platinum 2666mhz   GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming 980TI  PSU: Corsair RM1000i 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mg7k2R

On 3/29/2018 at 10:06 PM, Crunchy Dragon said:

I've heard really good things about Ghosts, but never got the chance(or hardware) to play it.

I wouldn't get ghosts. The maps are made around camping. The majority of the community spends 90% of the game sitting in bushes or on-top of buildings waiting for you to come past.

MW1+2 were ok. The rest was boreing as Hell. Copy/paste follow some retardeed npc bullshit.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GameOne SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 1x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

OG cod 4 (still alive and well)

WaW (you'll run into dedicated servers with double xp most of the time, but they are legit nonetheless)

For those nagging me to get a sig....This is my sig..You happy now?

On 29/03/2018 at 5:06 PM, Crunchy Dragon said:

I've heard really good things about Ghosts, but never got the chance(or hardware) to play it.

COD Ghosts was rated by many as the worst in the series so hard for me to recommend.  I am shocked to hear anyone had good things to say about it as I have never seen this anywhere. LOL!

Black ops and MW2

PC Specs: i7 6EiGht00K (4.4ghz), Asus DeLuxe X99A II, GTX1080 Zotac Amp ExTrEme),64Gb DOminator PlatinUm, EVGA G2 seven5zeroWatt, Phanteks Enthoo Primo, 3TB WD Black, 500gb 850 Evo, H100iGTX, Windows 10, K70 RGB, G502, HyperX Cloud 2s, Asus MX34. SAMSUNG 960 EVO

Just keeping this here as a backup 980tiZotacStockBIOS.zip☻♥■∞{╚§XÅD{┘Æ╩mYÄÜXτ╕○\╚Θº£¥Θ[email protected]♠{{↨↨▬§¶‼↕◄►☼1♦  wumbo

My votes to relive the PS3 nostalgia would probably be the Black Ops series (with DLC's if possible) to play zombies. But if you're looking for multiplayer, I have no idea what has an active multiplayer basis.

"There's no such thing as perfect. You're beautiful as you are Courage. With all your imperfections you can do anything."

Gear:                           .                                                                                                                         .

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 || Motherboard: MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon || RAM: 2x8GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200Mhz (running at 2933Mhz) || GPU: Gigabyte Auros RX 580 4GB || Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || Cooling: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || PSU: Corsair RMx 750W

Peripherals:

Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT-990 250 Ohm || Mouse: Roccat Kiro || Keyboard: Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S RGB || Mousepad: CM Storm Swift-RX XXL || Graphics tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen Small

Old PC:

CPU: AMD Athlon X2 255 || Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO || RAM: 4x2GB DDR3 || GPU: Nvidia Quadro 512MB || Case: Antec Sonata III || PSU: Antec Earthwatts 500W Bronze

Minibois' Digital Art Thread

Reviews: Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S RGB || Wacom Intuos Pen Small || Roccat Kiro

Threads: Pokémon Thread || Dutch Talk || Super Smash Bros. Melee Thread

Setup: Current setup

On 4/14/2018 at 9:44 AM, M.Yurizaki said:

Maybe it's a silly question, but are you looking for the multiplayer experience or single player one?

Since I'm the silly single player COD person, I still think the original is the best, followed by COD4. The rest fall in various murky ranks.

100% agree with you here; I have CoD 1 from the early 2000's on CD, and absolutely loved CoD4 so much that I played through the remastered edition even though I remembered the story. Right now the best multiplayer experience available is the community run IW4X client + dedicated servers, based on completely re-worked code from NTAuthority. https://reactiongaming.us/iw4x-modern-warfare-2-finest/

Officially though, NTA is no longer associated with the project, just in case anyone from Activision is wondering. Can it be used to play the game for free? Technically, yes, however, their objective has never been to allow this, and instead was and always has been focused on providing real anti-cheat and dedicated servers for die-hard fans since Activision failed to provide either of these things for the game.

Desktop: i7-4790k Build - ALMOST COMPLETE Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Bell Unlimited National Calling & Texting + 10GB Data
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: HP Touchpad (Android) | ASUS ME302C
Camera: Canon SX280 + Rebel T1i (500D) | Sony HDR-AS50R | Panasonic DMC-TS20D Music: Spotify (CIRCA '08)

7 hours ago, ImNotDeViLzzz said:

COD Ghosts was rated by many as the worst in the series so hard for me to recommend.  I am shocked to hear anyone had good things to say about it as I have never seen this anywhere. LOL!

Yeah... I'm pretty sure no one likes Ghosts, not even die-hard Call of Duty fans.

CPU: Intel i5 3550           | Cooler: Corsair A50          | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77      | Storage: Crucial MX200 250GB |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB   | GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970      | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)  | PSU: EVGA 650W G2            |

13 hours ago, ImNotDeViLzzz said:

I've played the game, the story is a bit dull in my opinion....

To be honest it's probably the only COD that won't get stuck in my head.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

Steam: DimasRMDO

The best call of duty is titanfall 2. 

Or just an actual call of duty.... the peak consisted of modern warfare 2 and black ops 1. 

PC game list: 

Build Plan: 

On 3/29/2018 at 5:18 PM, BryceJonathan said:

It will be difficult to find one the has a good online player base as most PC shooter players have transitioned to battle royal games like pubG and fortnite.

People still play freelancer. It’s from like 1998. Even runescape is populated. I don’t know where you get your metrics from but I can jump into a mw2 game on pc as if it was 2009 on 360. 

PC game list: 

Build Plan: