WolfLoverPro

I don’t get it? How come mobile games are free? How they make money

Posted · Original PosterOP

Like pubg like fortnite or is that free? like ark soon 

How come it’s not free on pc but then mobile games are free even like Lego games normally paid on other things wtfff?.. 

only explanation I have is that the mobile is to get you into the games then you’ll pay on other console but pubg is fine on mobile so why is it freeeeee

Freemium games and/or advertising.

Super Space Invader

Coming from the outer space.

Pyo.

You haven't noticed all the microtransactions yet? 

Razer Blade Stealth | i5-7200u | 8GB DDR3 1866

Server I - Quad Opteron 6380 [64 cores] - 32GB [8x2GB] DDR3 1333 ECC - x6 10Krpm 146GB SAS HDD

Server II - Quad Opteron 6212 [32 cores] - 32GB [8x2GB] DDR3 1333 ECC - x6 10Krpm 146GB SAS HDD

Experience: CADD I, CADD II, Skills USA NH-Bronze-Technical Drafting(2016), CCNA 1, CCNA 2, CCNA 3 

Phone Nexus 6P || Android - Pure Nexus

"The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing" - John Powell

Advertisements and mircotransactions 

Desktop: Xeon 1231-v3, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Rosewill 550w Capstone PSU, ASrock ITX Z97 board, Gigabyte 970, Phanteks Evolv ITX.

Laptop: Eluktronics W650kk1, i7 7700K, 8GB DDR4, GTX 1050Ti, 500GB WD SSD, 120Hz Asus Display

Laptop: Alienware 18 (2014). I7 4930MX @ 4.1GHz, 16GB RAM, 500GB 840Evo, 1TB HDD, GTX 980m 8GB

Laptop: Razer Blade 14 mid 2016. I7 6700hq, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 970m 6GB.

Laptop: Origin Eon11s. i7 3820QM, GT 650M 2GB, 120GB SSD, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 11.6in 768p display

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

Freemium games and/or advertising.

Well actully pubg has no in app purchases what so ever literally None no ads nothing paid... 

1 minute ago, WolfLoverPro said:

Well actully pubg has no in app purchases what so ever literally None no ads nothing paid... 

PUBG has been infesting YouTube with a crap ton of ads, what are you talking about? 

PRISIMHEART 2.0

Case: TT Core V1 || PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 750w || MB: Asrock Fata1ity AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac || CPU: AMD Ryzen R5 1600 || CPU Cooler: Cryorig H7 w/ FD Venturi fan || RAM: G.Skill Flare X 16GB || GPU: Galax GTX 1070 EXOC-SNPR || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + Crucial MX500 1TB + SG Firecuda 2TB

PERIPHERALS / DISPLAY

Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum || Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum || Monitor: HP Omen 32

2 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

Usually free apps reqiure certain permissions. That means they can get their hands on data, which might be valueable to them.

Just now, Mooshi said:

PUBG has been infesting YouTube with a crap ton of ads, what are you talking about? 

Well .....uh that’s not in game tho lol but they still won’t make a lot will they? If so why can’t they make pc games free then and just litter the web with ads cuz the mobile game is literally as same just a bit worse graphics

1 minute ago, WolfLoverPro said:

Well .....uh that’s not in game tho lol but they still won’t make a lot will they? If so why can’t they make pc games free then and just litter the web with ads cuz the mobile game is literally as same just a bit worse graphics

Can't you still buy loot crates in mobile

My life

Advertisements, in-app purchases. 

6 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

It has crates that you need to buy keys to open (at least, I think it does. If not, it certainly will in the future), as well as the credits to buy the crates. 

2 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

Why would they do that? People will pay $30 for a PC game but basically no one would pay anything close to that for a mobile game. They're completely different markets, with basically everything on mobile being free to download with in-app purchases or pro versions. 

4 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

Usually free apps reqiure certain permissions. That means they can get their hands on data, which might be valueable to them.

PUBG MOBILE
Tencent Games

This app has access to:
Device & app history
  • retrieve running apps
Phone
  • read phone status and identity
Photos/Media/Files
  • read the contents of your USB storage
  • modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
Storage
  • read the contents of your USB storage
  • modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
Microphone
  • record audio
Wi-Fi connection information
  • view Wi-Fi connections
Device ID & call information
  • read phone status and identity
Device & app history
  • retrieve running apps
  • read sensitive log data

Other
  • receive data from Internet
  • view network connections
  • connect and disconnect from Wi-Fi
  • full network access
  • change your audio settings
  • control vibration
  • prevent device from sleeping
  • Google Play license check
Just now, Oshino Shinobu said:

Advertisements, in-app purchases. 

It has crates that you need to buy keys to open (at least, I think it does. If not, it certainly will in the future).

Why would they do that? People will pay $30 for a PC game but basically no one would pay anything close to that for a mobile game. They're completely different markets, with basically everything on mobile being free to download with in-app purchases or pro versions. 

Mobile don’t have crates it does but you buy with in game money wich u get from winning games or playing matches that’s on pc you buy real money 

They take your data, like email, sell it to third party businesses who then spam you with ads

Sudo make me a sandwich 

10 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

Yeah, but ads on a platform with millions of users = lots of views = may as well have the ads in game.

PRISIMHEART 2.0

Case: TT Core V1 || PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 750w || MB: Asrock Fata1ity AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac || CPU: AMD Ryzen R5 1600 || CPU Cooler: Cryorig H7 w/ FD Venturi fan || RAM: G.Skill Flare X 16GB || GPU: Galax GTX 1070 EXOC-SNPR || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + Crucial MX500 1TB + SG Firecuda 2TB

PERIPHERALS / DISPLAY

Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum || Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum || Monitor: HP Omen 32

1 minute ago, Mooshi said:

Yeah, but ads on a platform with millions of users = lots of views = may as well have the ads in game.

Youtube does not pay Bluehole to show ads of PUBG

My life

19 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

They collect and sell your data like most websites

they use ads

they get a few whales to dump thousands of dollars to make an easy profit.

I edit my posts a lot

Oh, it seems the game is own by tencent. Tencent is a huge Chinese technology company so I am pretty sure they can easily host free massive multiplayer games. Their business model could be using the game to promote their other services I guess. They own mobile payments and stuffs i heard

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Micro-transactions

Whales

Ads

Data Mining

Steal your contacts and other phone data

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

13 hours ago, WolfLoverPro said:

Like pubg like fortnite or is that free? like ark soon 

How come it’s not free on pc but then mobile games are free even like Lego games normally paid on other things wtfff?.. 

only explanation I have is that the mobile is to get you into the games then you’ll pay on other console but pubg is fine on mobile so why is it freeeeee

Micro-transactions and Ads mainly

its a very easy answer, there are one of 3.

1. pay to wins such as clash of clans where there are hundreds of micro-transactions.

2. there is advertisements adventure capitalists (ads so you can get in-game stuff) 

3. some games such as pubg are made to have people play them and then buy the full game farther down the line (if thats on PC or if the game is just a "lite" of the original)  an example of this is block fortress and block fortress lite.