Jump to content
minervx

Overwatch's depth and complexity is underrated

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, NMS said:

It's Grandmaster, which makes me think you are not one and that's why we can completely disregard your argument.

But perhaps you are, in which case I feel bad for you because when I play I get the most out of my teams by proper communication and team play.

No, I'm in high master, 3,9k to be exact, which isn't grandmaster.

The problem is that beginning with master skill is not really represented in SR linearly like from bronze to diamond. Master to Grandmaster is a step equal to bronze to diamond. The terms low - high (Grand)-Master are fairly often used.

 

EDIT: I guess @minervx was faster than me.

 

Communication isn't really the problem to be fair, the only thing that has really changed from Plat to Master was that people are noticeably friendlier.


My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 1700X with EK Supremacy Elite, 2x GTX1080TI with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS Crosshair VI Hero, 2x 8gb Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 14CL, 256gb Samsung 960 Evo, Xigmatek Elysium (modded), 140mm, 360mm and 420mm HardwareLabs Nemesis GTX, 5x Noctua NF-A14, 3x Noctua NF-F12

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kukielka said:

No, I'm in high master, 3,9k to be exact, which isn't grandmaster.

The problem is that beginning with master skill is not really represented in SR linearly like from bronze to diamond. Master to Grandmaster is a step equal to bronze to diamond. The terms low - high (Grand)-Master are fairly often used.

 

Communication isn't really the problem to be fair, the only thing that has really changed from Plat to Master was that people are noticibly friendlier.

Honestly, I feel like you need to play with friends and ONLY them. Sure, you need to find 5 that will match your skill level, but that will solve all your problems.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

From what I observe, the SR to skill level ratio is quite parabolic.

 

The difference between 3600 and 3900 is about as big as the difference between 1000 and 2000-2500.


PC Build: R5-1600.  Scythe Mugen 5.  GTX 1060.  120 GB SSD.  1 TB HDD.  FDD Mini C.  8 GB RAM (3000 MHz).  Be Quiet Pure Wings 2.  Capstone-550.  Deepcool 350 RGB.

Peripherals: Qisan Magicforce (80%) w/ Gateron Blues.  Razer Naga Chroma.  Lenovo 24" 1440p IPS.  PS4 Controller.

Audio: Focusrite (Solo, 2nd), SM57, Triton Fethead, AKG c214, Sennheiser HD598's, ATH-M50x, AKG K240, Novation Launchkey

Wishlist: MP S-87, iPad, Yamaha HS5's, more storage

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NMS said:

Honestly, I feel like you need to play with friends and ONLY them. Sure, you need to find 5 that will match your skill level, but that will solve all your problems.

That is also a huge problem. I have 3 Smurf Accounts just so that I can play with my friends. (tbh Competetive is the only real mode in this game)

The fact that I level alts annoys me.

The fact that I get lootboxes for my alts annoys me.

The fact that I wasted 100€ on this game (no lootboxes) annoys me.


My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 1700X with EK Supremacy Elite, 2x GTX1080TI with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS Crosshair VI Hero, 2x 8gb Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 14CL, 256gb Samsung 960 Evo, Xigmatek Elysium (modded), 140mm, 360mm and 420mm HardwareLabs Nemesis GTX, 5x Noctua NF-A14, 3x Noctua NF-F12

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 minutes ago, NMS said:

Honestly, I feel like you need to play with friends and ONLY them. Sure, you need to find 5 that will match your skill level, but that will solve all your problems.

Except, the matchmaking system punishes group queue with longer load times and opponents of higher rank when a similarly ranked group cannot be found.  Solo queue is just inherently more advantageous.  And this is true of all ranks.  Why would a Masters player want to do a 3 or 4 stack when they're just going to get paired up against GM solo queue players that are way better than them?

 

If you think I'm wrong: ask yourself this.  Do you ever often find yourself pressing the Stay As Team button after a game?  Most players don't, and this is not by chance.  It's because they know the matchmaker is going to put them in a worse position than if they were to just solo queue.


PC Build: R5-1600.  Scythe Mugen 5.  GTX 1060.  120 GB SSD.  1 TB HDD.  FDD Mini C.  8 GB RAM (3000 MHz).  Be Quiet Pure Wings 2.  Capstone-550.  Deepcool 350 RGB.

Peripherals: Qisan Magicforce (80%) w/ Gateron Blues.  Razer Naga Chroma.  Lenovo 24" 1440p IPS.  PS4 Controller.

Audio: Focusrite (Solo, 2nd), SM57, Triton Fethead, AKG c214, Sennheiser HD598's, ATH-M50x, AKG K240, Novation Launchkey

Wishlist: MP S-87, iPad, Yamaha HS5's, more storage

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kukielka said:

That is also a huge problem. I have 3 Smurf Accounts just so that I can play with my friends. (tbh Competetive is the only real mode in this game)

The fact that I level alts annoys me.

The fact that I get lootboxes for my alts annoys me.

The fact that I wasted 100€ on this game (no lootboxes) annoys me.

We all make sacrifices.

 

1 minute ago, minervx said:

Except, the matchmaking system punishes group queue with longer load times and opponents of higher rank when a similarly ranked group cannot be found.  Solo queue is just inherently more advantageous.  And this is true of all ranks.  Why would a Masters player want to do a 3 or 4 stack when they're just going to get paired up against GM solo queue players that are way better than them.?

Well of course queuing up solo is better for your rank, but not the best. In my opinion, a 3-stack is the best because then you won't get the horrible matchmaking system but will eliminate that chance of getting more random players which could be problematic.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Soo i really wanna know why people think if you are a good player you well be able to climb the ranks without worries. The good players makes it slightly easier but you still have the RNG of your team being on par/ in sync with ya or not and causing the whole match to be an uphill battle. 

 

The Games competitive is purely done around your teamwork. Which is why you tend to get penalised no matter how well you play and lose. 


Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Alex Colson said:

Soo i really wanna know why people think if you are a good player you well be able to climb the ranks without worries. The good players makes it slightly easier but you still have the RNG of your team being on par/ in sync with ya or not and causing the whole match to be an uphill battle. 

 

The Games competitive is purely done around your teamwork. Which is why you tend to get penalised no matter how well you play and lose. 

Up until Master you performance is beeing taken account for, meaning you gain more / loose less sr if you play good and vice-versa.

It's not uncommon to gain ~100sr and only lose 12sr if you play decently.


My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 1700X with EK Supremacy Elite, 2x GTX1080TI with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS Crosshair VI Hero, 2x 8gb Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 14CL, 256gb Samsung 960 Evo, Xigmatek Elysium (modded), 140mm, 360mm and 420mm HardwareLabs Nemesis GTX, 5x Noctua NF-A14, 3x Noctua NF-F12

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kukielka said:

Up until Master you performance is beeing taken account for, meaning you gain more / loose less sr if you play good and vice-versa.

It's not uncommon to gain ~100sr and only lose 12sr if you play decently.

But your still gonna be dropping if your team doesn't perform sub par, I Know the SR system removes less depending on your performance but it also penalises good floaters because they don't use their main.

 

And I am not basing this on statistics, I am basing this on personal experience with myself and a friend who does this regularly, 

 

One season he was playing his main while I played floater with characters I don't commonly pick (Played above average for the characters majority of the matches) Since he was playing is Main through Placements while I floated. our SR was DRASTICALLY different. He ended in High Plat around the 2900 so very close to Diamond, while mine was placed Low Plat borderline Gold around 2560 mark. 

 

Next season we swapped, I stayed my mains (Reinhardt & Lucio) while he floated between what the team needed when placements finished the results where reversed I was at the 2890 mark while due to him floating he fell 2 ranks into Gold (Last season he ended Mid diamond) and not borderline gold/Plat it was borderline Silver/Gold around the 2200 mark.

 

So it does annoy me when people say Statistically both teams have a chance of getting trolls but your team has less of a chance, I'm sorry get that BS reasoning out here because statistics are a lot different to real life scenarios of this happening.

 

And before I get people saying 'oh your ignoring the stats because you can't admit your bad' Fuck off I know I ain't a great player I know if I want to be in GM I'm gonna need to play this game religiously and go into more depth on a lot of the other characters. But for how my game play is majority of my matches that my team does well or realises what I am to them my character play style is above average.  

 

And when I mean 'or realises what I am to them' I'm talking about the fact I usually play defender class Reinhardt so when they realise I am there to protect them and not to be a thing to just run pass it goes smoothly (Majority of the time). 


Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, minervx said:

If you think I'm wrong: ask yourself this.  Do you ever often find yourself pressing the Stay As Team button after a game?  Most players don't, and this is not by chance.  It's because they know the matchmaker is going to put them in a worse position than if they were to just solo queue.

I Have done this a couple times and it has actually helped. you get a 5 man team that you performed well with you can continue to do well until you hit that wall that said team cannot pass unless they improve or learn to adapt. 


Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Alex Colson said:

But your still gonna be dropping if your team doesn't perform sub par, I Know the SR system removes less depending on your performance but it also penalises good floaters because they don't use their main.

 

And I am not basing this on statistics, I am basing this on personal experience with myself and a friend who does this regularly, 

 

One season he was playing his main while I played floater with characters I don't commonly pick (Played above average for the characters majority of the matches) Since he was playing is Main through Placements while I floated. our SR was DRASTICALLY different. He ended in High Plat around the 2900 so very close to Diamond, while mine was placed Low Plat borderline Gold around 2560 mark. 

 

Next season we swapped, I stayed my mains (Reinhardt & Lucio) while he floated between what the team needed when placements finished the results where reversed I was at the 2890 mark while due to him floating he fell 2 ranks into Gold (Last season he ended Mid diamond) and not borderline gold/Plat it was borderline Silver/Gold around the 2200 mark.

 

So it does annoy me when people say Statistically both teams have a chance of getting trolls but your team has less of a chance, I'm sorry get that BS reasoning out here because statistics are a lot different to real life scenarios of this happening.

 

And before I get people saying 'oh your ignoring the stats because you can't admit your bad' Fuck off I know I ain't a great player I know if I want to be in GM I'm gonna need to play this game religiously and go into more depth on a lot of the other characters. But for how my game play is majority of my matches that my team does well or realises what I am to them my character play style is above average.  

 

And when I mean 'or realises what I am to them' I'm talking about the fact I usually play defender class Reinhardt so when they realise I am there to protect them and not to be a thing to just run pass it goes smoothly (Majority of the time). 

You are basicly saying what I am saying.

Playing your main means that you are better with this hero, than with any other hero, which will result in you earning more sr. The better you play, the more sr you get (atleast till master, i fucking hate that limitation btw.).

If you actually are better than average, then you just need to play and you'll eventually get a higher rank. It's not rocket science.

If you only play like 10 games, well yeah there's a chance you'll lose all of them, Thats how statistics work.

This will even out the more you play tho.

 

You dont need to play religiously to get to GM btw, lol.


My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 1700X with EK Supremacy Elite, 2x GTX1080TI with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS Crosshair VI Hero, 2x 8gb Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 14CL, 256gb Samsung 960 Evo, Xigmatek Elysium (modded), 140mm, 360mm and 420mm HardwareLabs Nemesis GTX, 5x Noctua NF-A14, 3x Noctua NF-F12

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kukielka said:

You are basicly saying what I am saying.

Playing your main means that you are better with this hero, than with any other hero, which will result in you earning more sr. The better you play, the more sr you get (atleast till master, i fucking hate that limitation btw.).

If you actually are better than average, then you just need to play and you'll eventually get a higher rank. It's not rocket science.

If you only play like 10 games, well yeah there's a chance you'll lose all of them, Thats how statistics work.

This will even out the more you play tho.

I Understand the higher your pool the more accurate the results become, What I'm saying is that the game purposely penalises Floaters because they technically don't have a main. So on what I call my Main characters Reinhardt & Lucio I will get average SR gain/Lose per game due to me being a floater they won't be recognised as mains due to the fact that I also float between other Healers, Tanks, DPS etc depending on the teams needs, So my mains only actually have like 3hrs+ on the rest of the floaters I would pick. If I pick the other floaters that are 3hrs behind my two mains the get penalised harshly because they won't be commonly picked.

 

So it agitates me when I play a floater preform above average for that character and we end up loosing due to reasons (Spanning from anything really) and I get punished by 100sr + drop. 

 

I have actually played a game as a floater in competitive and got a sr lose equivalent to me just leaving the match and not joining back which I would call BS.

 

In my personal opinion the SR system should be flipped Fixed gain/lose of 25SR till Diamond then gain/lose depending on your character play skill which won't be judged by time you played but judge by your regions average for said character. So people who main will still be able to get the SR the deserver if they play above average but it would also rewards floaters that play above average we decent SR gain/lose. 

 

Like my biggest annoyance is people saying this game isn't affected by your teammates when it is. The Game was Designed to be a TEAM Competitive game which is why teams that work together well end up winning. So ya 'It's my teamsfault we lost' is a shitty thing to say but in some occasion that can be true because of people trickling in or not combining Ults when they are able to. Players can solo team kill IF the Setup has been made, People can Push and capture points If the setup has been made, People can out play other Tanks IF the setup has been made. The game is based to purely be team work. 1 person can only do so much without aid from a teammate. 


Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Alex Colson said:

I Understand the higher your pool the more accurate the results become, What I'm saying is that the game purposely penalises Floaters because they technically don't have a main. So on what I call my Main characters Reinhardt & Lucio I will get average SR gain/Lose per game due to me being a floater they won't be recognised as mains due to the fact that I also float between other Healers, Tanks, DPS etc depending on the teams needs, So my mains only actually have like 3hrs+ on the rest of the floaters I would pick. If I pick the other floaters that are 3hrs behind my two mains the get penalised harshly because they won't be commonly picked.

 

So it agitates me when I play a floater preform above average for that character and we end up loosing due to reasons (Spanning from anything really) and I get punished by 100sr + drop. 

 

I have actually played a game as a floater in competitive and got a sr lose equivalent to me just leaving the match and not joining back which I would call BS.

 

In my personal opinion the SR system should be flipped Fixed gain/lose of 25SR till Diamond then gain/lose depending on your character play skill which won't be judged by time you played but judge by your regions average for said character. So people who main will still be able to get the SR the deserver if they play above average but it would also rewards floaters that play above average we decent SR gain/lose. 

 

Like my biggest annoyance is people saying this game isn't affected by your teammates when it is. The Game was Designed to be a TEAM Competitive game which is why teams that work together well end up winning. So ya 'It's my teamsfault we lost' is a shitty thing to say but in some occasion that can be true because of people trickling in or not combining Ults when they are able to. Players can solo team kill IF the Setup has been made, People can Push and capture points If the setup has been made, People can out play other Tanks IF the setup has been made. The game is based to purely be team work. 1 person can only do so much without aid from a teammate. 

You're saying that the game cares whether you are a main, or not?

 

That's totally off, the game doesn't give a shit whether you barely or often play that hero. The game doesn't try to recognise what your main heroes are, because it simply doesnt care. It merely judges your performance of that single game you just played and rewards you with SR accordingly.

You play better with your mains, and worse with all the other heroes.

 

This is also the reason why over the span of like a hundred games your mates don't matter at all. Even if you lose 2 out of 3 games, you still gain SR if you play good enough.


My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 1700X with EK Supremacy Elite, 2x GTX1080TI with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS Crosshair VI Hero, 2x 8gb Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 14CL, 256gb Samsung 960 Evo, Xigmatek Elysium (modded), 140mm, 360mm and 420mm HardwareLabs Nemesis GTX, 5x Noctua NF-A14, 3x Noctua NF-F12

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.



  • Recently Browsing 0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Last Topics

ubiquiti unifi access point pro windows 7 fix not genuine xbox 360 120gb hdd console the orange box gamestop how to find bios password for laptop linksys ea6400 default password mbs in a gb xpadder controller images xbox 360 download where to find aron in pokemon emerald how to enter bios asus laptop original xbox controller driver wireless access point ubiquiti xbox 360 console elite stripped screw drill bit linksys smart wifi router setup software turn router into wifi repeater xbox 360 afterglow controller pc gamestop for xbox 360 3.5mm vs 2.5mm linksys bridge mode wireless xbox 360 controller tool why is citrix not working how to configure unifi ap xbox 360 250gb gamestop emerald hm surf where to get ice beam in emerald command and conquer generals serious error 4 gigabytes to megabytes how to configure unifi ap ubiquiti unifi access point 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm mono adapter how many mbs are in a gigabyte 3.5 mm jack to 2.5 mm jack converter command and conquer update xbox 360 at pawn shop


×