blackd51th

Has Anyone Changed the LED Strip of a CM MasterCase Pro 6?

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi All,

So I bought a CM MasterCase Pro 6 Blue version as the case for my new build. I want to replace the front bottom blue LED strip and the rear blue LED exhaust fan with a RGB LED strip and a RGB fan. Replacing the fan is a straight forward thing but I'm not sure how to replace the front bottom LED strip. Has anyone done this before coz I'm having a hard time finding any guides online on how to do this. If someone has done this before or can direct me in the right direction, that'll be a big help. I want to know how to replace it and hook it up to the Mobo so that I can control the colors with Asus Aura.

Thanks...

I don't have the case in front of me so close ups would be nice if you have trouble removing them. If you just want to know if there is a technical probem with this mod the answer is no.

15 hours ago, blackd51th said:

-SNIP-

It's a fairly simple process as your using Aura on the motherboard for control. It seems the strip is just glued in place so removal won't be too hard, you can get a plug and go RGB LED strip and cut it to the length as needed and wire it to the motherboard's RGB header. 

https://proclockers.com/reviews/computer-cases/cooler-master-mastercase-pro-6-mid-tower-computer-case-review/page/0/3

cooler-master-mastercase-pro-6-mid-tower-case-20_0.jpg

Posted · Original PosterOP
On 4/20/2018 at 8:00 AM, W-L said:

It's a fairly simple process as your using Aura on the motherboard for control. It seems the strip is just glued in place so removal won't be too hard, you can get a plug and go RGB LED strip and cut it to the length as needed and wire it to the motherboard's RGB header. 

https://proclockers.com/reviews/computer-cases/cooler-master-mastercase-pro-6-mid-tower-computer-case-review/page/0/3

Hi W-L and thanks for the answer. Now that I know that the LED strip is within my reach what if I were to replace the two front fans, back exhaust fan and the LED strip to RGB products, how can I do it? My mobo(Asus Prime Z370 A) only has one RGB header and I want all this to be controlled by Aura. I think I can use a splitter cable for the three fans but how can I connect the LED strip. I'll be really grateful if you can give an answer to this. Thanks.

3 hours ago, blackd51th said:

Hi W-L and thanks for the answer. Now that I know that the LED strip is within my reach what if I were to replace the two front fans, back exhaust fan and the LED strip to RGB products, how can I do it? My mobo(Asus Prime Z370 A) only has one RGB header and I want all this to be controlled by Aura. I think I can use a splitter cable for the three fans but how can I connect the LED strip. I'll be really grateful if you can give an answer to this. Thanks.

You can get an RGB splitter just makes sure the total amperage of devices your installing doens’t exceed the headers capacity, usually it’s 2 amps.

As for RGB fans that are aura sync compatible your options will be a bit limited, a popular choice is the Master fan Pro from Coolermaster. 

http://coolermaster.com/cooling/cooling-rgb-accessories/1-to-3-rgb-splitter-cable/