sprices

Creed origins extreme lag/stuttering

Posted · Original PosterOP

I've been having a really weird problem with creed origins.

Whenever i play the game, the cpu and gpu usage never cross 40% and the game doesn't run faster than 15 fps.

I tried all the obvious stuff like running as admin, updating drivers, etc.

I even tried obscure stuff like disabling vt-d and HPET in bios.

Nothing seems to work.

I have an i7-2600, gtx 650 ti(1gb) and 8gb ram(i know it's below minimum requirements but far cry 5 which has higher system requirements runs just fine)

Could anybody help?

20 minutes ago, sprices said:

gtx 650 ti(1gb)

This is probably the source of your problems, this GPU is either too slow or running out of memory quickly. Origin's uses the same engine as Fry Cry probably, but is built in completely different environments and is probably using different effects that could be screwing around with your 650Ti.

Give you vRAM usage a check.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

if i lower the resolution to 720p, the vram usage drops to >800mb(from 900+mb) but gpu usage also drops along with it so it still won't go above 10-15 fps

1 hour ago, Castdeath97 said:

This is probably the source of your problems, this GPU is either too slow or running out of memory quickly. Origin's uses the same engine as Fry Cry probably, but is built in completely different environments and is probably using different effects that could be screwing around with your 650Ti.

Give you vRAM usage a check.

sorry i didn't use quote last time; check my last comment if you see this

11 hours ago, sprices said:

if i lower the resolution to 720p, the vram usage drops to >800mb(from 900+mb) but gpu usage also drops along with it so it still won't go above 10-15 fps

Probably still GPU bottleneck because of some effect that is straining the card.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide