JasonTheCat

Help me with Windows 7!

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hey guys, I'm Jason and i'm new to this forums.

I was asking for you guys's help.

So, when I was triple booting Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 with Windows 10.

When Windows 7 booted. It has to do a chkdsk (Check Disk) operation. So, I did. Once I booted into Windows 10, it showed me a blue screen of death that has the error code "INACCESSABLE_BOOT_VOLUME" when I booted to Windows 8, It has the same error code too. 

I was hoping so you guys can help but, thats all for now

- Jason

diskmgmt.msc (16-19pm 24-04-2018).png

It probably overwrote the boot partition. Try using windows 10's installation medium to fix your installation.

<Make me a sandwich.> <No! Make it yourself!> <Sudo make me a sandwich.> <FINE.> What is scaling and how does it work? Asus PB287Q unboxing! Console alternatives :D  CoC F.A.Q Beginner's Guide To LTT (by iamdarkyoshi)

Sauron'stm Product Scores:

Spoiler

Just a list of my personal scores for some products, in no particular order, with brief comments. I just got the idea to do them so they aren't many for now :)

Don't take these as complete reviews or final truths - they are just my personal impressions on products I may or may not have used, summed up in a couple of sentences and a rough score. All scores take into account the unit's price and time of release, heavily so, therefore don't expect absolute performance to be reflected here.

-Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - [8/10]

Spoiler

A durable and reliable machine that is relatively lightweight, has all the hardware it needs to never feel sluggish and has a great IPS matte screen. Downsides are mostly due to its age, most notably the screen resolution of 1366x768 and usb 2.0 ports.

-Apple Macbook (2015) - [Garbage -/10]

Spoiler

From my perspective, this product has no redeeming factors given its price and the competition. It is underpowered, overpriced, impractical due to its single port and is made redundant even by Apple's own iPad pro line.

-OnePlus X - [7/10]

Spoiler

A good phone for the price. It does everything I (and most people) need without being sluggish and has no particularly bad flaws. The lack of recent software updates and relatively barebones feature kit (most notably the lack of 5GHz wifi, biometric sensors and backlight for the capacitive buttons) prevent it from being exceptional.

-Microsoft Surface Book 2 - [Garbage - -/10]

Spoiler

Overpriced and rushed, offers nothing notable compared to the competition, doesn't come with an adequate charger despite the premium price. Worse than the Macbook for not even offering the small plus sides of having macOS. Buy a Razer Blade if you want high performance in a (relatively) light package.

-Intel Core i7 2600/k - [9/10]

Spoiler

Quite possibly Intel's best product launch ever. It had all the bleeding edge features of the time, it came with a very significant performance improvement over its predecessor and it had a soldered heatspreader, allowing for efficient cooling and great overclocking. Even the "locked" version could be overclocked through the multiplier within (quite reasonable) limits.

-Apple iPad Pro - [5/10]

Spoiler

A pretty good product, sunk by its price (plus the extra cost of the physical keyboard and the pencil). Buy it if you don't mind the Apple tax and are looking for a very light office machine with an excellent digitizer. Particularly good for rich students. Bad for cheap tinkerers like myself.

This is prob down to Windows 10 and 8 not actually shutting down. They do some stuff so it boots faster, but the chkdsk from Windows 7 sees that data as "dirty" and removes it, leaving you with this problem. Are you able to boot into 10 or 8 in safemode?

You might have to use the recovery USB for this tho :( 

Is the drive configured for MBR? If so, disable Secure Boot in your BIOS and/or enable Legacy BIOS mode. 

If the drive is configured for GPT ensure the opposite of what I said above.

Edit: Disregard the above.

Fix your boot records in WinRE.

CPU - R7 1700 @ 3.9 Ghz 1.38v | Mobo - ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | RAM - 16 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB @ 3333 13-14-14-30 1T (Optimized :D| GPU - ASUS Strix GTX 1080 TI | Cooler - NZXT Kraken X62 | SSDs - 500 GB 960 EVO + 500 GB 850 EVO + 1TB MX300 | Case - NZXT S340 Elite Black | PSUEVGA 850 P2 | Monitor - LG 29UM67-P 2560x1080 60hz | OSWindows 10 Pro. Peripherals - Corsair K70 Lux RGB | Corsair Scimitar RGB | Audio-technica ATH M50X + Antlion Modmic 5 | 

FUTURE HEDT BUILD (late 2018 - early 2019ish): i9 8900X or TR 2950X, ASUS Rampage Extreme/Zenith X299 or X399, EK CPU loop kit, 2 TB 960 Evo, and a CM Cosmos C700P case. Monitor will be any very high end 3440x1440 UW G-Sync IPS display (brand-agnostic, NO VA). To be accompanied by a NAS rig with at 3 WD Red HDDs totaling at least 12 TB as well as a 10GbE switch. 

OTHER TECH: Surface Pro 4 (i5/128GB), Lenovo Ideapad Y510P, HTC 10, PS4 Slim.

The bootloader for 8.x/10 probably got corrupted. You'll have to go into the recovery for 8.x/10 and fix the boot records. 

Also, you might want to consider dual booting on separate drives, or at least separate 7 from 8.x/10 as 7 uses a different bootloader.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 2700X MSI X370 Gaming Plus 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 - Asus GTX1060 Dual 6GB OC Intel 600p 256GB & Crucial M550 512GB Fractal Define R5 CM G650M W8.1Pro

Thanks everyone for  replying. I appriciate your comments. 

1. Should I just delete Windows and re-install it?

or

2. Keep the Windows partition and try to fix it?  

1 hour ago, Phentos said:

Is the drive configured for MBR? If so, disable Secure Boot in your BIOS and/or enable Legacy BIOS mode. 

If the drive is configured for GPT ensure the opposite of what I said above.

No, My BIOS is set to Legacy which disables the Secure Boot option

1 hour ago, Dujith said:

This is prob down to Windows 10 and 8 not actually shutting down. They do some stuff so it boots faster, but the chkdsk from Windows 7 sees that data as "dirty" and removes it, leaving you with this problem. Are you able to boot into 10 or 8 in safemode?

You might have to use the recovery USB for this tho :( 

I don't think I'm able too boot onto safe mode but I am downloading Windows 10 to my USB Drive so I can boot to it.image.png.8da138c198e77e5198be589b0a05b6df.png

3 minutes ago, JasonTheCat said:

Thanks everyone for  replying. I appriciate your comments. 

1. Should I just delete Windows and re-install it?

or

2. Keep the Windows partition and try to fix it?  

Multibooting on one drive is problematic from my experience. Might consider buying multiple drives for each installation if you insist on having a triple boot configuration.

CPU - R7 1700 @ 3.9 Ghz 1.38v | Mobo - ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | RAM - 16 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB @ 3333 13-14-14-30 1T (Optimized :D| GPU - ASUS Strix GTX 1080 TI | Cooler - NZXT Kraken X62 | SSDs - 500 GB 960 EVO + 500 GB 850 EVO + 1TB MX300 | Case - NZXT S340 Elite Black | PSUEVGA 850 P2 | Monitor - LG 29UM67-P 2560x1080 60hz | OSWindows 10 Pro. Peripherals - Corsair K70 Lux RGB | Corsair Scimitar RGB | Audio-technica ATH M50X + Antlion Modmic 5 | 

FUTURE HEDT BUILD (late 2018 - early 2019ish): i9 8900X or TR 2950X, ASUS Rampage Extreme/Zenith X299 or X399, EK CPU loop kit, 2 TB 960 Evo, and a CM Cosmos C700P case. Monitor will be any very high end 3440x1440 UW G-Sync IPS display (brand-agnostic, NO VA). To be accompanied by a NAS rig with at 3 WD Red HDDs totaling at least 12 TB as well as a 10GbE switch. 

Just now, Phentos said:

Multibooting on one drive is problematic from my experience. Might consider buying multiple drives for each installation if you insist on having a triple boot configuration.

No I can't put another hard drive. I am actually multi-booting my laptop. It has a WDC Black or Blue Hard drive (i think) It is 500GB

Just now, JasonTheCat said:

No I can't put another hard drive. I am actually multi-booting my laptop. It has a WDC Black or Blue Hard drive (i think) It is 500GB

Yuck.

Oh well, I guess you'll have to make do with what you've got. Any particular reason why you're still using 8.1?

5 minutes ago, JasonTheCat said:

Then why bother running 3 operating systems? Running 7 and 10 I can understand, but why 8.1 as well? It offers nothing extra over 7 right now.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 2700X MSI X370 Gaming Plus 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 - Asus GTX1060 Dual 6GB OC Intel 600p 256GB & Crucial M550 512GB Fractal Define R5 CM G650M W8.1Pro

Do you have 8GB of RAM in this laptop? There's an easier option.

Load Win10 as the main OS for the system, then use Virtualbox to run the different versions of Windows.

I have Windows 7 and 10 dual-booting on one SSD without problem. Both partitions had their own ~100 MB System Reserved partitions created along with their drive partitions during the Windows pre-installation drive setup process. I'm guessing the System Reserved partition is where the bootloader gets written. Is this correct?

If so, then making sure that each partition has its own System Reversed partition could be what keeps them from being over-written by each other and causing problems.

Disable, uninstall, and block telemetry and data collection in Windows 7 / 8 / 10

Other resources for updating Windows 7, and creating a custom pre-updated Windows 7 ISO

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

On 4/24/2018 at 4:43 PM, NelizMastr said:

Then why bother running 3 operating systems? Running 7 and 10 I can understand, but why 8.1 as well? It offers nothing extra over 7 right now.

My laptop came with Windows 8.1

On 4/24/2018 at 5:16 PM, LunaP0n3 said:

Do you have 8GB of RAM in this laptop? There's an easier option.

Load Win10 as the main OS for the system, then use Virtualbox to run the different versions of Windows.

Its a 4gb ram laptop but i dont understand why it has such low ram even though its a gaming laptop. My laptop is a Lenovo G41-35

56 minutes ago, JasonTheCat said:

Its a 4gb ram laptop but i dont understand why it has such low ram even though its a gaming laptop. My laptop is a Lenovo G41-35

It's not a gaming laptop. It's Lenovo's mainstream Ideapad series. You have the budget oriented B series, then comes the midrange G series and the gaming series is the Ideapad Y series. It has slightly better graphics than similar laptops because it has an AMD APU but that's about it. 4GB was pretty normal for laptops in this price range until last year.