gayfurry

Is this 240hz monitor legit?

Posted · Original PosterOP

So I was browsing on CCL for a new monitor, and I come across this:

https://cclonline.com/product/250623/UM-HX1EE-B01/Monitors/Acer-KG271Bbmiipx-27-inch-240Hz-Full-HD-TN-LED-Backlit-Gaming-Monitor-with-FreeSync-Speakers-DisplayPort-and-HDMI/MON4865/

It's (Supposedly) a 27 inch 1080p 240hz monitor!

Is this real, or is it a scam?

I found the same monitor on Amazon too.

The model number is:

Acer KG271B

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

I have no idea about that retail site, but the Acer KG271B is a real monitor as stated by Asus' website. It's all just up to you if you trust that website cuz i have no clue

PC Specs:

- AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.8Ghz

- Asus Prime X370 Pro

- GSkill Trident Z 16GB (2x8GB) 3200Mhz

- Geforce GTX 1060 6GB Gainward Pheonix

- Phanteks P400 Tempered Glass Edition

- Crucial MX500 250GB SSD, Seagate Barracuda 3.5 inch 7200RPM 1TB (500GBx2)

- Toshiba 1TB 7200RPM HDD

- Toshiba 4TB 7200RPM HDD

- Corsair CX600W

- Acer XF240H 1920x1080 144Hz

- LG 25UM57 2560x1080 Ultrawide 60Hz 

- BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3

- Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

- Corsair STRAFE Red Switche

- Logitech G502 Spectrum

- AKG K712 Pro Headphones

- Focusrite Scarlette 2i2 Audio Interface

- BauXar Marty101 Speakers

- MXL 990 Condenser Microphone

1 minute ago, thefpsgamer1125 said:

I have no idea about that retail site, but the Acer KG271B is a real monitor as stated by Asus' website. It's all just up to you if you trust that website cuz i have no clue

Well, CCL are quite big here in the UK, but I agree about checking the website.  thx

There are two variants of this monitor...

https://geizhals.de/acer-kg271bbmiipx-um-hx1ee-b01-a1775675.html

this is the 240 hz one

|| CPU: AMD RYZEN 1700X @4.0GHz (1,42V) || Cooler: CUSTOM EK LOOP || Motherboard: Gigabyte GA X370 GAMING K5 || GPU: ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti Blower @2050MHz || Memory: 16GB G.Skill FlareX 3200 Mhz ||

HDD: Segate Barracuda 3TB || SSD: Corsair FORCE GS 340 GB || PSU: Corsair RMi 850 || Case: Thermaltake Core P3 (with the TG upgrade tho xD) || Fans: Corsair HD120 (x3) || Monitor: ACER Predator Z271T ||

Second Monitor: BENQ RL2455HM || Mouse: Logitech G502 Pretus Core || Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum || Headphones: Sennheiser IE80 ||

PP: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/joshuawi99/saved/2k8NNG

Yes, and they're for crazy CS:GO players who think that having a refresh rate higher than most people can even recognize (in side by side tests with 144hz monitors people usually can't identify the 240hz one) means winning matches. Got to have that extra nanosecond advantage! xD

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  How to build a gaming PC for $400US or less   |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures

23 hours ago, chiller15 said:

It appears to be legit to me. Note it is only 1080p though.

Yes I understand that, however 1080p is enough for me.

And besides, I like to run 2 monitors, and If I got a 1440p one even at 144hz I think my poor little GTX 960 would struggle with one 1080p 75hz monitor (my current one) and one 1440p 144hz one.
In fact, I would only be able to take full advantage of the full 240hz of this one in older games such as Half Life 2, Portal 2, etc.

But I think it'd be worth it, because 1080p is enough for me if i'm honest, and I need a high refresh rate monitor.

(I realise I didn't explain that very well.  My english and grammar is usually on point, but I am writing this in a bit of a hurry and I think you get the point :) )

3 hours ago, gayfurry said:

Yes I understand that, however 1080p is enough for me.

And besides, I like to run 2 monitors, and If I got a 1440p one even at 144hz I think my poor little GTX 960 would struggle with one 1080p 75hz monitor (my current one) and one 1440p 144hz one.
In fact, I would only be able to take full advantage of the full 240hz of this one in older games such as Half Life 2, Portal 2, etc.

But I think it'd be worth it, because 1080p is enough for me if i'm honest, and I need a high refresh rate monitor.

(I realise I didn't explain that very well.  My english and grammar is usually on point, but I am writing this in a bit of a hurry and I think you get the point :) )

No problem, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't an oversight. :)

I think you're correct about the 960, I don't think it'd handle those two monitors. Maybe it could when they aren't playing games, but put load on them and I think it'd have a mare.

Stop and think a second, something is more than nothing.