DeagleMaster69

Wierd temps from mobo

Posted · Original PosterOP

My motherboard temps are really weird. Previously one had been on a constant 127 degrees. Today a new motherboard temp is changing between 0 and 127 degrees. There also seems to be an increase in the amount of temperatures over time. The first screenshot below wes taken a few months ago and the other one was taken today. Somehow my motherboard has gotten more temps sensors. Corsair link also shows the same. Does anyone have any idea of what is happening. Is it just something wrong with the software or is there a fault in the hardware?

Screenshot (4).png

Screenshot (4).png

127 equals 0x7F or as binary 01111111 with the first bit is likely used for plus and minus.  So it sounds just like invalid reads.

As @Pangea2017 said, the results themselves are invalid, and the reason the new readings are there at all could be explained if you have updated your bios or your power management drivers between the first and second screenshots.

8 hours ago, Tabs said:

As @Pangea2017 said, the results themselves are invalid, and the reason the new readings are there at all could be explained if you have updated your bios or your power management drivers between the first and second screenshots.

I have defenetly not updated my bios and unless the power manegment drivers update automatically I haven't updated those.

8 hours ago, Pangea2017 said:

127 equals 0x7F or as binary 01111111 with the first bit is likely used for plus and minus.  So it sounds just like invalid reads.

What about the fact it changes between 0 and 127?

20 minutes ago, DeagleMaster69 said:

What about the fact it changes between 0 and 127?

0x00 is zero. Again the extrem of possible values make it look like a software issue.

1 hour ago, Pangea2017 said:

0x00 is zero. Again the extrem of possible values make it look like a software issue.

Any idea what I can do to fix it. And should I trust the outher temperatur rednings that aren't obviously wrong?

3 hours ago, DeagleMaster69 said:

Any idea what I can do to fix it. And should I trust the outher temperatur rednings that aren't obviously wrong?

Just ignore this temp reading unless you notice problems like throttling. The other temps reading seems to be fine. Maybe in the futher a update fix this problem.

I have seen even more confusing read outs which does not make sense like 127 and 0. This a mobo vrm temp sensor and have only indicated a overtemp (not the case with your reading).

3 minutes ago, Pangea2017 said:

Just ignore this temp reading unless you notice problems like throttling. The other temps reading seems to be fine. Maybe in the futher a update fix this problem.

I have seen even more confusing read outs which does not make sense like 127 and 0. This a mobo vrm temp sensor and have only indicated a overtemp (not the case with your reading).

Ok. So dont worry unless somthing seems to throttle?