Tokgaming

PSU For MSI GTX 1070TI 8GB

Check out a PSU tier list on the LTT forum. Go for something around 650 watts or above.

Make sure it is from a reputable company such as Corsair, EVGA, Coolermaster or Thermaltake.

Also, have a minimum of 80+ Gold efficiency rating.

You do NOT want to skimp out on the power supply with expensive components. 

4 minutes ago, Army165 said:

Yup, JohnnyGURU reviewed the 550, 750 and 850 FOCUS PLUS gold psu's. 550 and 850 received a 9.8 and the 750 a 9.6 on his rating scale. The 550w version of that Seasonic PSU would be fine for OP's build and from the review, its a really good piece of hardware.  

Everything Stefan was writing just stunk of personal opinion without showing any factual information to go along with his claims...

I don't care about the scores, and neither should you. Look at the performance instead. And Jonnyguru doesn't test for noise. 

You haven't really shown any facts to prove you right either. What you have done, is to come with misinformation

RIP Stephen Hawking (1942-2018)

Women. They are a complete mystery.

I think the hoomans put their builds here?

Why do you hoomans give your builds a name? Here's my build, which I shall call "Do as I Say, Not As I Do" (seriously, don't get this build)

Spoiler

Ryzen 1500X @3,925 GHz

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo + ML120 + NF-F12

MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic

2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000 MHz CL15 (Micron B-die) @2933 MHz

Sapphire Radeon R9 280 Dual-X @1120 MHz / 1450 MHz

120GB 850 Evo

500GB WD Blue

Cooler Master Elite 430

Seasonic Prime Titanium 650W

Logitech G710

Logitech G502/G303

HyperX Cloud

And my laptop, which I shall call "If It's Stupid But It Works" (It can actually play CS:GO at 50 FPS, and Civ V at 25 FPS)

Spoiler

Lenovo Thinkpad L460

Intel Core i3 6100U

4GB (probably) DDR4 2133 MHz

Intel HD Graphics 520 0.3-1.0 GHz

128GB Samsung MZ7LF128HCHP

Corsair M65 Pro RGB (worst mouse I've ever had)

Sennheiser CX 5.00G

And here would be where I would put a picture of me. But apparently, images are not allowed here. So take this instead (*ΦωΦ*)

Hello fellow night theme users

If you read his review, his scores are based on performance. He gets very in depth with the performance reviews.

OP wasn't asking about noise, so that is irrelevant. 

i7-8700k | MSI Gaming Pro Carbon 32GB DDR4 2400mhz Gskill Ripjaws V EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 Hybrid Corsair H115i Pro | Seasonic Focus Gold 650w | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB, WD Blue 1TB | Phanteks P400 |

3 hours ago, Army165 said:

I would really like to know where you get your information from,

I talk to people, worked in the Industry.

And Seasonic has a very bad reputation with some manufacturers for various reasons.

And also some people working as System Integrators - also don't like Seasonic as much as you do.

I know plenty of companies using Seasonic PSU's. 

I can think of two using it today:
Antec and XFX. 
That's about it...

And both aren't really exiting. I'm more exited about Xilence Products than those.

Most other companys who had a relationship with Seasonic phased out those products.

That includes Cooler Master and be quiet. And I doubt you see anything made by Seasonic from either of those any time soon...

The advice and information you've provided is pretty garbage.

Oh yeah?
Wich point?
What do you mean?

25 minutes ago, Army165 said:

That's just your oppinion, your guess.

Just because someone didn't mention it doesn't mean that it isn't important.

Because its entirely possible that people assume that all modern PSU are pretty quiet and that there are no loud PSU out there...

Oh and to be mean:
Xilence Performance X, 750W: ~350rpm, no noticable Motor/Bearing Noise and only ~72€...

Why can't "named brands" archieve that fan RPM (and Bearing/Motor Noise)??

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

2 hours ago, Army165 said:

If you read his review, his scores are based on performance. He gets very in depth with the performance reviews.

Standards change, a good PSU 10 years ago is crap by today's standards. And if you want to compare to other reviewers, you will have to look at how they perform. And no, other reviewers go more in depth. 

So because OP wastn asking about noise, it makes what he wrote about noise untrue. Right. 

RIP Stephen Hawking (1942-2018)

Women. They are a complete mystery.

I think the hoomans put their builds here?

Why do you hoomans give your builds a name? Here's my build, which I shall call "Do as I Say, Not As I Do" (seriously, don't get this build)

Spoiler

Ryzen 1500X @3,925 GHz

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo + ML120 + NF-F12

MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic

2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000 MHz CL15 (Micron B-die) @2933 MHz

Sapphire Radeon R9 280 Dual-X @1120 MHz / 1450 MHz

120GB 850 Evo

500GB WD Blue

Cooler Master Elite 430

Seasonic Prime Titanium 650W

Logitech G710

Logitech G502/G303

HyperX Cloud

And my laptop, which I shall call "If It's Stupid But It Works" (It can actually play CS:GO at 50 FPS, and Civ V at 25 FPS)

Spoiler

Lenovo Thinkpad L460

Intel Core i3 6100U

4GB (probably) DDR4 2133 MHz

Intel HD Graphics 520 0.3-1.0 GHz

128GB Samsung MZ7LF128HCHP

Corsair M65 Pro RGB (worst mouse I've ever had)

Sennheiser CX 5.00G

And here would be where I would put a picture of me. But apparently, images are not allowed here. So take this instead (*ΦωΦ*)

Hello fellow night theme users