- Android

- Good internet/browser performance

- No lags, smoth control

- Great battery

Things that are not important to me:

- Camera

- Games

- Special Apps in general which need a lot of performance

My last phone was an Iphone 7 and i realised that i don't a need high-end smartphone anymore, because for the things i want to do with my phone (mail, browser, videos, chatting, sometimes calling) a low/mid-range phone would be more than enough.

But since i am using my phone very often from early morning till late night, it has to be fast, reliable, completely smooth and should last for a minimum of 2 years.

Phones that i found for myself until now, after watching and reading some tests/reviews:

- Honor 9

- Honor 9 Lite

- Huawei P10 Lite

- Xiaomi Mi A1

- BQ Aquaris X / Pro

Until now, i really like the Xiaomi Mi A1 because of its great price/performance ratio.

But maybe some of you can give me a better advice.

I would be really thankful for that.

best regards

Whitcomb

what about the Motorola E4+, as it is under $200 USD

video link here

"I want things to matter i hate it when things are just, whatever. Cable management, whatever. Fan placement, whatever. Thermal paste application, whatever."

-Luke Lafreniere from CPU & Heatsink Lapping - Are concave, convex, or flat heatsinks best for cooling? 3:14

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-I am a Value Oriented shopper, always thinking if something is worth over the other.

-I personally look air cooling First,  if not go all out in Custom water cooling for Aesthetics.

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Spoiler

I am a Logitech Fan, gonna get that G633 Artemis Spectrum Headset. Since then I am interested (and open to other reputable brands) to sound quality and the Audiosphere.

Yes, get the Mi A1. I have one and it's fucking great. The only downside I've found is that there are barely any different cases and/or screen protectors, so if you're the type of person who really cares about that, avoid it.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: i7-950 OC'd to 3.96GHz @ 1.325V Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR3 1866MHz GPU: XFX R7 370 4GB Storage: WD Blue 1tb PSU: EVGA 600B Case: Fractal Design Define C Monitor: Dell G2410T Mouse: Logitech G403 Prodigy Wireless Keyboard: Cooler Master Masterkeys Pro S (MX Browns) Mousepad: Steelseries QcK Headset:  Steelseries Arctis 5

"It doesn't matter how weak or powerful, old or new, cheap or expensive your PC is, as long as it does what you need it to."

-kelvinhall05

On 4/25/2018 at 4:54 AM, Whitcomb said:

I am looking for a new smartphone.

Budget: 200-300$

Things that i need:

- Good quality build

- Good Display 

- min 32 GB Flash Storage

- min. 4 GB RAM

- Android

- Good internet/browser performance

- No lags, smoth control

- Great battery

Things that are not important to me:

- Camera

- Games

- Special Apps in general which need a lot of performance

My last phone was an Iphone 7 and i realised that i don't a need high-end smartphone anymore, because for the things i want to do with my phone (mail, browser, videos, chatting, sometimes calling) a low/mid-range phone would be more than enough.

But since i am using my phone very often from early morning till late night, it has to be fast, reliable, completely smooth and should last for a minimum of 2 years.

Phones that i found for myself until now, after watching and reading some tests/reviews:

- Honor 9

- Honor 9 Lite

- Huawei P10 Lite

- Xiaomi Mi A1

- BQ Aquaris X / Pro

Until now, i really like the Xiaomi Mi A1 because of its great price/performance ratio.

But maybe some of you can give me a better advice.

I would be really thankful for that.

best regards

Whitcomb

I just recently got the Moto G5s plus & love it. It's right at $300 for the 64GB/4Gb RAM model, so little pricey for a budget, but it's fast enough for me & battery lasts all day with 20-40% left. (Usually web browsing all morning & YT streaming at home) It's still micro-usb but does have turbo charge, which even on a 5v 2.1a charger works great.

It's also damn close to stock Android, with only a couple Moto gesture apps for pre-installed software. 

My only big complaint was the lack of notification badges on icons, which i understand is part of stock Android. Nova launcher fixed that for me though & it runs great.

My other (small) complaint was lack of NFC which i was hoping to experiment with, but i can easily live without that. 

Seems like a good blend of 'near flagship' specs without the flagship price. 

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @ 4.1GHz / CPU Cooler: Enermax ETS-T40-BK / Motherboard: MSI Z97M Gaming mATX / Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) @ 1866MHz / Storage: Corsair Force Series GT 120GB, Kingston SSDNow M.2 120GB M.2-2280, Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB /
GPU: MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G / Case: Cooler Master N200 / PSU: SeaSonic X Series 850W / Monitor: Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" & Acer V226WLbd 60Hz 22.0"