TheTwist

Windows Server Backup

Posted · Original PosterOP

I am trying to do a Windows Server backup.... Any idea why I am getting the following error? I am using Windows Server 2012R2

Capture.PNG

14 hours ago, leadeater said:

Check Event Viewer for errors/warnings, it should give you more information about what the issue is.

Yeah i have found nothing, only "The Block Level Backup Engine service has stopped." which doesn't help.

What's the back-up target? Is it on the network? If so, does the server's machine account have permission to write to it? 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 2700X MSI X370 Gaming Plus 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 - Asus GTX1060 Dual 6GB OC Intel 600p 256GB & Crucial M550 512GB Fractal Define R5 CM G650M W8.1Pro

3 hours ago, NelizMastr said:

What's the back-up target? Is it on the network? If so, does the server's machine account have permission to write to it? 

Just an external hard drive. When i launch the abadmin it loads then comes up with that error.

On 4/27/2018 at 1:00 AM, TheTwist said:

Just an external hard drive. When i launch the abadmin it loads then comes up with that error.

Run this command in PowerShell or CMD and it will reset Windows Backup to as if it's just been installed. Be aware it will delete all backup history.

wbadmin delete catalog

Also check that you can manually create Shadow Copies

wmic shadowcopy call create Volume=c:\

And clean them up once you're done testing

C:\Windows\Sysnative\vssadmin.exe" Delete Shadows /All /Quiet

On 29/04/2018 at 11:56 AM, leadeater said:

Run this command in PowerShell or CMD and it will reset Windows Backup to as if it's just been installed. Be aware it will delete all backup history.

wbadmin delete catalog

Also check that you can manually create Shadow Copies

wmic shadowcopy call create Volume=c:\

And clean them up once you're done testing

C:\Windows\Sysnative\vssadmin.exe" Delete Shadows /All /Quiet

All good thank you.