Od1sseas

Windows 8.1 with Kaby Lake

Posted · Original PosterOP

Can i use Windows 8.1 with Kaby Lake CPU (G4560) without any problem? Because i saw some videos on YouTube when some people getting BSODs because of that

Yes, you can use Kaby with Windows 8.1 just fine. The only video showing BSODs that I've seen is the Jayz2cents one where he gets a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error, which is unrelated to the CPU being Kaby. I think it indicates that a driver is unstable.

I don't know if he was sensationalizing the BSOD to capitalize on clicks, of if he was being a Microsoft propagandist for money... but his video suggesting a link between his BSOD and Windows 8.1 is totally bunk, and he should take the video down to stop the spreading of disinformation.

Windows 10 systems get the same DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD:

http://thewindowsclub.com/dpc_watchdog_violation-blue-screen-in-windows-10

Disable, uninstall, and block telemetry and data collection in Windows 7 / 8 / 10

Other resources for updating Windows 7, and creating a custom pre-updated Windows 7 ISO

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987