Arabdude

Gpu fans not spinning and no signal

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello

I bought a sell optiplex 3010 and a gigabytes GTX 1050ti the optiplex works but when I install the you the fans don't spin and there is no signal I downloaded the latest Dell optiplex drivers however nvidia doesnt let me download 1050ti drivers.

Was the graphics card brand new? If not where did you get it from? Make sure your monitor is plugged into the graphics card and not the motherboard.

Which specific 1050ti?

If its one of the ones with the 6 pin connector, you'll need to plug that in for it to work.

Also does the system give a signal without the GPU installed?

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU XFX GTR RX480 8GB- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB (3066Mhz) - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD - PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock(For the time being) - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum - Keyboard Generic eBay C**P -  Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync)

Other - Console Xbox 360 (Arcade) - Phone OnePlus 3T 128GB - Tablet Amazon Fire HD 10(7th Gen)

Did you plug in the 6pin cables?

Have you tested it in another system to ensure it's the graphics card that's the issue?

OMG!!! A POST! HOLY $H!T Ep. 203

8 minutes ago, RollTime said:

Did you plug in the 6pin cables?

Have you tested it in another system to ensure it's the graphics card that's the issue?

No it doesn' have a 6 pin

Just now, Arabdude said:

No it doesn' have a 6 pin

Where did you get it? Is it used?

14 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

Which specific 1050ti?

If its one of the ones with the 6 pin connector, you'll need to plug that in for it to work.

Also does the system give a signal without the GPU installed?

Its the gigabytes GTX 1050ti with 1 fan it' doesn' have a six pin. When the Gpu is installed I get a black screen.

24 minutes ago, Computernaut said:

Was the graphics card brand new? If not where did you get it from? Make sure your monitor is plugged into the graphics card and not the motherboard.

It's used but I made sure it worked

Just now, Arabdude said:

It's used but I made sure it worked

How?

Just now, RollTime said:

How?

I tested it in the bus rig and ran performance tests to make sure performance was similar to other 1050tis

2 minutes ago, Arabdude said:

I tested it in the bus rig and ran performance tests to make sure performance was similar to other 1050tis

Well then sounds like the issue is with the optiplex somehow. Try another PCIe slot.

15 minutes ago, RollTime said:

Well then sounds like the issue is with the optiplex somehow. Try another PCIe slot.

There is only one

Just now, Arabdude said:

There is only one

Then try another PCIe device in that slot.

1 minute ago, RollTime said:

Then try another PCIe device in that slot.

I reset the optiplex and reinstalled the drivers from the drivers disk and it' working now

Just now, Arabdude said:

I reset the optiplex and reinstalled the drivers from the drivers disk and it' working now

Great!